19.2 kW charging Retrofit cost in US - price breakdown

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yesterday the Porsche McKinney (Texas) Service Center quoted me $2400 for the 19.2 Kw onboard charger and $3500 labor to retrofit it into our 2022 Taycan GTS. Since the service center is an 10 minute drive from our home and offer 350KW DC charging at no cost to Porsche EV owners, I think its a better solution to do a fast charge there when pressed for time.
Hopefully they won't tell you that charging at the Porsche dealer invalidates your battery warranty. :like:
Sponsored

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
Hopefully they won't tell you that charging at the Porsche dealer invalidates your battery warranty. :like:
Haha! No actually the service manager there called BS on the other dealer’s service manager who told me that using a non-Porsche EVSE would void the Taycan battery warranty. Going to take DaveO4EV’s advice and get a Tesla or Clipper Creek EVSE for our home wired with a 60amp breaker so we can charge at 11kW. Really am grateful to each of you who are contributing to these threads on the TaycanForum. Helps to wade through the misinformation……

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Haha! No actually the service manager there called BS on the other dealer’s service manager who told me that using a non-Porsche EVSE would void the Taycan battery warranty. Going to take DaveO4EV’s advice and get a Tesla or Clipper Creek EVSE for our home wired with a 60amp breaker so we can charge at 11kW. Really am grateful to each of you who are contributing to these threads on the TaycanForum. Helps to wade through the misinformation……
choices are:
  • chargepoint
  • Autel
  • Wallbox
  • Tesla J-1772
  • Enphase (formerly clippercreek still excellent)
  • Juicebox
  • others…
48 amp charge rate w/60 amp breaker and you're good to go…any of the above chargers have proven themselves reliable for daily EV charging duty and you can find Taycan owners who are "fans" of all of them across this forum.

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
Thanks David, Sincerely appreciate all the time that you take to share your knowledge and experiences with the forum members. Also appreciate your open mind and willingness to criticize the aspects of VW/Audi/Porsche that need improvement. Hopefully someone at Porsche MA is listening. We really love our Taycan GTS and are looking forward to a 718 EV. Since we charge almost exclusively at home, we can be patient on the charging infrastructure........for now. Unfortunately, long road trips are reserved for the GTI or Raptor. Was thinking about a road trip from Texas in the Taycan for Monterey Car Week 2023 but not ready. Going to fly. Probably fly to San Francisco and rent a Genesis Electrified G80. Rented one on the last Bay Area trip and it was very impressive. Not a Taycan but great fit and finish, quiet and reasonably powerful. Heckuva price. Ugly grill however!
Thanks again

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
For what it is worth I got a quote for the charger 19KW retrofit kit from Gaudin Porsche. The part number is 9J104490031 and they quoted $ 1693.49. They affirmed there are no instructions for the kit.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
For what it is worth I got a quote for the charger 19KW retrofit kit from Gaudin Porsche. The part number is 9J104490031 and they quoted $ 1693.49. They affirmed there are no instructions for the kit.
that’s parts cost - labor is normally extra
Sponsored