Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Oh, I am sorry if I am mis reading this. I think that I would need a VPN to appear to be in Europe to correctly see. When I visit the EU link it speaks of Ionity and then the 30min sessions so that's why I thought a change was made. So you say when looking at it from Europe it still seems to only cover the 3 years of membership with reduced charging fees.

I will try to be more careful.
Hi Ron, I also wish to find that there is three year free charging with the car but I can not find it. Perhaps anybody else in Europe can answer if it has been free at Ionity chargers?

My car is still stuck in the dealers showroom since we have a lockdown that was imposed a couple of days before I was supposed to pay for it and collect it. Now we have an extension of the lockdown until initially 11 May! I am starting to think if I really want to take delivery of it now though. There are so many people getting Very sick and also dying. And huge numbers loosing their jobs etc. Maybe the money would be better used to get the local painter and builder started again to do some repair and maintenance? I am torn after so many years waiting for it?
Sponsored

runjdm

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan, coming soon
Country flag
Very excited by this opportunity. I just went by a local Electrify America station the other day. Has anyone had issues visiting a site and not being able to quickly identify the faster 350kW chargers?

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Very excited by this opportunity. I just went by a local Electrify America station the other day. Has anyone had issues visiting a site and not being able to quickly identify the faster 350kW chargers?
It's never a question. They have large writing just below the handle. Very consistent setup as well.

Also when activating charge thru an app you need to know the charger I'd which is posted on top, you just need last 2 numbers.
Porsche Taycan Free Charging for Taycan for 3 years 6a00d8341c4fbe53ef01b7c961f211970b-550wi
Porsche Taycan Free Charging for Taycan for 3 years 105904109-1557425524766electrify-america-charging-station

runjdm

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan, coming soon
Country flag
It's never a question. They have large writing just below the handle. Very consistent setup as well.
6a00d8341c4fbe53ef01b7c961f211970b-550wi.png
Thanks for sharing the picture of the charger, Ron. I'm just an older guy whos new to looking at these things! I'm hoping these and others are easy enough to use for when I try for the first time!

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Roadster, taycan turbo
Country flag
Hi Ron, I also wish to find that there is three year free charging with the car but I can not find it. Perhaps anybody else in Europe can answer if it has been free at Ionity chargers?

My car is still stuck in the dealers showroom since we have a lockdown that was imposed a couple of days before I was supposed to pay for it and collect it. Now we have an extension of the lockdown until initially 11 May! I am starting to think if I really want to take delivery of it now though. There are so many people getting Very sick and also dying. And huge numbers loosing their jobs etc. Maybe the money would be better used to get the local painter and builder started again to do some repair and maintenance? I am torn after so many years waiting for it?
Same here. Arggg

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for sharing the picture of the charger, Ron. I'm just an older guy whos new to looking at these things! I'm hoping these and others are easy enough to use for when I try for the first time!
I am just an old guy with an EV for a couple years so no problem.
I do recommend using the app to activate with Electrify America or EVgo or ChargePoint. It's almost always the most reliable. Just plug in first then open the app.
I think that you will see that EA is by far the most consistent and clear of all public chargers. That's at least my finding.

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Well I understand the concern. This certainly is a challenging time. I do my best to order take out more often than we normally would to support some local restaurants. But I am committed to the vehicle even though my build still has not even started. I hope things work out for you perhaps sooner than expected. I saw on a YouTube comment that Oslo was nearly back to normal as far as businesses, though that sounds like bad timing to me.

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So I was curious after Electrify America has changed to per kilowatt-hour pricing in 23 States including California, how that would affect the Porsche charging price when you exceed 30 minutes. I called both Electrify America and Porsche North America and neither has any update from beyond what I knew from the beginning of the year which is that the cost is negotiated at $0.25 per minute. That's a reasonable cost until you're charging slower than 35 kW which is probably not happening until over 96% SoC anyway.

Porsche Taycan Free Charging for Taycan for 3 years Screenshot_20200921-130808

Anyone with a Taycan that charged over 30 minutes in the last week in a state that has changed that can comment on their $ charges?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's a reasonable cost until you're charging slower than 35 kW which is probably not happening until over 96% SoC anyway.

Anyone with a Taycan that charged over 30 minutes in the last week in a state that has changed that can comment on their $ charges?
I haven't gone over yet, but in the 150kw charger, at 82% charge it is still chugging away at 74kw.. I will check next time for how much charge is needed before it drops as low as 35kw.
Sponsored