tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
I went to charge my '22 Taycan at the dealership for first time at a high speed charger. The charger required me to authenticate first and I never got a card or anything to authenticate. I called my sales rep and he said I needed a card from a Porsche employee to authenticate me to the charger. Really!? I asked him "I thought it is free for 3 years and devices are smart enough to know my car". He said it is, at Electrify America but that Porsche dealerships are still on the fence as to allowing free fast charging at dealerships or a charge/membership needed.

Has anyone else run into this drama?!

#Disappointed
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
It's true, Porsche is requiring dealers to install the chargers, but the dealers can charge for the service. You only receive free charging at the Electrify America sites.

Funny thing here is one o the Electrify America sites near me is at a Nissan dealer.

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
I went back to the dealership that I bought the car at and they had 50Kw charger, which took me 45 minutes to charge at before I could leave for home. No other chargers in the area. And the car was in for the first big recall and they didn't charge it while it was there. Needless to say I didn't take it to them for this recent update. And the dealership in Tulsa did charge it before I picked it up. Good thing, though because I don't think they even had a 50kw charger.

Chuck

Last edited:

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
I went back to the dealership that I bought the car at and they had 50Kw charger, which took me 45 minutes to charge at before I could leave for home. No other chargers in the area. And the car was in for the first big recall and they didn't charge it while it was there. Needless to say I didn't take it to them for this recent update. And the dealership in Tulsa did charge it before I picked it up. Good thing, though because I don't think they even had a 50kw charger.

Chuck
Dealers can be such douchebags. They charge a minimum of $150/hour in the US for servicing a Porsche yet they are afraid to hand out $5 in electricity to the folks who buy their six-figure cars.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Mine offers it for free but you can only use it during their business hours and have to come inside to get a tag to activate it. Also, when I dropped by once, they said it was down so never tried again. The EA station is right by my house anyway.
Sponsored