First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S , 2021 Porsche Cayenne
Country flag
Hey Folks!

Beginning my Porsche journey with the Taycan in a city with terrible roads all year around. Wondering how many of you did the the front end only vs the full car?
Sponsored

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I decided earlier today to go with full body over just the front, as there are a lot of nettles and branches where I park that will scratch the body.

I spoke to the guys from Romans International, who said Taycan’s are getting marks on the rear arch, so if you get the front done, then look at getting the leading edge on the rear done too.

The front should be enough for most people.

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
After 6k miles, the front end has worked great for me so far.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
For the occasional sandblasting winds here in NM, I went with the Xpel full-body exterior and also the interior kit. Added ceramic on top of that, including wheels and brakes. Already glad I did it all. Washing it in my garage with the rinseless method is like a dream come true, so smooth and effortless, and the results are flawless. Shines like polished glass, feels like Delrin AF.

ETA: For the intense solar radiation and wind-borne sand of the high desert, full exterior is the only sensible choice here, because all panels are exposed to the destructive elements. In milder ambient conditions, front-only might be a a more practical (and less expensive) way to go.

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I decided earlier today to go with full body over just the front, as there are a lot of nettles and branches where I park that will scratch the body.
FWIW I had numerous paint chips in all 4 doors of my 970 Panamera turbo. Any panels not wrapped are susceptible to damage from flying debris impact.
Sponsored