Front license plate mount - what do you use?

PaulaJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I live in A state where a front license plate is required. Can anyone share what they use?
Sponsored

mokre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
This is a pretty common topic on just about any automotive forum. There's a lot of good options out there. Most folks here seem to swear by the Sto'n'sho solution. I personally use Rho-Plate but this was trickier to adjust so it wouldn't trigger the parking sensors (it still does from time to time, particularly if the plate is wet.) A quick search of the forum will find you a bunch of other options..

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
This is a pretty common topic on just about any automotive forum. There's a lot of good options out there. Most folks here seem to swear by the Sto'n'sho solution. I personally use Rho-Plate but this was trickier to adjust so it wouldn't trigger the parking sensors (it still does from time to time, particularly if the plate is wet.) A quick search of the forum will find you a bunch of other options..
Agree Sto-n-Sho is the way to go. Very simple to install

adityachugh

First Name
Aditya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS (Ordered), 2020 C63s Coupe
Country flag
Can someone with the sto-n-sho on their Taycan please share a photo of how it looks mounted?

Driver1

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve been driving my new Taycan 4S in NYC with no front plate for two months, often right next to or behind cop cars, with no stops so far. Now that I’m writing this, though, I’m sure the next time I drive I’ll get busted. My strategy is to just pay the fine if I have to and hope it doesn’t happen that often. No “points” come along with a ticket for not having a front license plate, which for me makes the risk more worth it.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I live in A state where a front license plate is required. Can anyone share what they use?
I know this is a question for the US states.

Just to let you know, here it is quite simple!

They just use some pop rivets to fix the front and rear plates. When a car is sold and the new owner registers the car with his address etc. the dealer just drills a hole through the new plate and bumper or rear trunk lid to fix the plate.

:angry:

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I usually just keep the plate in the car until at least the first time I get pulled over for it. Never gotten pulled over for it in WI. Now luckily with my Taycan I live somewhere where it's not required.

andre-s

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
I use Carbonio and I really like the way it looks centered to the car, but also like nothing is there when I leave the plate out.

https://carbonio.com/

Here it's a photo of my old Taycan4S with the same support. And then one without the plate.

Porsche Taycan Front license plate mount - what do you use? 20210923_132035

Porsche Taycan Front license plate mount - what do you use? 20210705_122312

adityachugh

First Name
Aditya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS (Ordered), 2020 C63s Coupe
Country flag
I use Carbonio and I really like the way it looks centered to the car, but also like nothing is there when I leave the plate out.

https://carbonio.com/

Here it's a photo of my old Taycan4S with the same support. And then one without the plate.

20210923_132035.jpg

20210705_122312.jpg
This looks great! I don't see a Taycan plate mount on their website, did you use the 911 mount, or another model?

andre-s

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
This looks great! I don't see a Taycan plate mount on their website, did you use the 911 mount, or another model?
They had a Taycan for some time and removed, not sure why. But if you message them, they will confirm. I saw somewhere in there site that some cars aren't listed, but they have, so reach out if you don't see one.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I’ve been driving my new Taycan 4S in NYC with no front plate for two months, often right next to or behind cop cars, with no stops so far. Now that I’m writing this, though, I’m sure the next time I drive I’ll get busted. My strategy is to just pay the fine if I have to and hope it doesn’t happen that often. No “points” come along with a ticket for not having a front license plate, which for me makes the risk more worth it.
In NYC, I've only been ticketed when parked. Typically on street cleaning days or at meters.