WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I absolutely love my TS4, but the interior rattles really bug me. The other posts on this site about fixing door rattles have been super helpful and my dealer has taken the doors apart to tape wires inside the door. That has all helped, but there has been one super annoying rattle coming from the front passenger area that I haven't been able to figure out. It's hard to isolate the source of rattles because it seems like they echo around the car. This one only happened over bumps or rough pavement (which in Boston is basically all the time) and was most pronounced at 30 - 35MPH, and sometimes it sounded like it was coming from the door, sometimes from the seat, and sometimes from the front dash area.

Anyway, I finally figured it out. I have the 14 way seats and the rattle was from under the front passenger seat. Here are the pictures of before and after. There were actually three causes - there's a clip with a loose fit, an electrical box with a rattle inside it, and a connector that was rattling on a nearby piece of plastic. It's mind blowing to me that Porsche after all these years of building great cars could do such a cruddy job on the interior assembly design/quality of the Taycan. It's like they put their great engineers on all the hard stuff like the suspension and put interns on the design of the interior assembly.

My fixes aren't pretty but they did finally get rid of the annoying rattles.

Porsche Taycan Front passenger seat rattles - my fix 1637931091585

Porsche Taycan Front passenger seat rattles - my fix 1637931131620

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I absolutely love my TS4, but the interior rattles really bug me. The other posts on this site about fixing door rattles have been super helpful and my dealer has taken the doors apart to tape wires inside the door. That has all helped, but there has been one super annoying rattle coming from the front passenger area that I haven't been able to figure out. It's hard to isolate the source of rattles because it seems like they echo around the car. This one only happened over bumps or rough pavement (which in Boston is basically all the time) and was most pronounced at 30 - 35MPH, and sometimes it sounded like it was coming from the door, sometimes from the seat, and sometimes from the front dash area.

Anyway, I finally figured it out. I have the 14 way seats and the rattle was from under the front passenger seat. Here are the pictures of before and after. There were actually three causes - there's a clip with a loose fit, an electrical box with a rattle inside it, and a connector that was rattling on a nearby piece of plastic. It's mind blowing to me that Porsche after all these years of building great cars could do such a cruddy job on the interior assembly design/quality of the Taycan. It's like they put their great engineers on all the hard stuff like the suspension and put interns on the design of the interior assembly.

1637931091585.png

1637931131620.png
These parts are most likely from a shared parts bin within the Volkswagen Audi Group (VAG) - don't be surprised to see VW emblems on some electrical components (I saw a Porsche frunk cover in an e-TRON GT RS (!!)) - these are invariably not Porsche designed (as much as you'd expect and like them to be) and therefore a one size (should) fit all cost saving measure.

Ronglos

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Chevy Bolt, 2022 Taycan
Country flag
I had a bolt rolling around under my passenger seat under the carpet in my 911. Immendiate fix of coarse by service. Never had another problem for 4.5 years. Not a bolt size for the 911.

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag

1637931091585.png

1637931131620.png
Welcome to my world! My cars been in about 11 times now. Possibly looking at Porsche to buy me out and replace

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I was told by my service manager that my 8-way rattle is from the headrest, and that there is a service bulletin for it. They ordered a part “from Germany” about three months ago, but it still hasn’t arrived. They also told me that when it finally comes in, they will have to remove the seat and send it to an upholsterer to make the necessary changes. Candidly, I wonder why they would not just send a replacement seat and swap it out and then fix that seat separately. I also wonder whether it’s even worth the hassle, until I hit a bump and hear the rattle.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I was told by my service manager that my 8-way rattle is from the headrest, and that there is a service bulletin for it. They ordered a part “from Germany” about three months ago, but it still hasn’t arrived. They also told me that when it finally comes in, they will have to remove the seat and send it to an upholsterer to make the necessary changes. Candidly, I wonder why they would not just send a replacement seat and swap it out and then fix that seat separately. I also wonder whether it’s even worth the hassle, until I hit a bump and hear the rattle.
Yeah that's another one.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I finally had my seat rattle fixed. I haven’t heard rattles, but I haven’t driven a lot since receiving the car. I thought, however, that the group would be interested in the details of what they fixed, given that it was explained to me that there was a service bulletin.
Porsche Taycan Front passenger seat rattles - my fix image

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
My drivers seat used to squeak, but since Christmas it’s now silent. Could be coincidence but eating healthily, hitting the rower for an hour every day and doing some weights every other day fixed one of my interior squeaks without visiting the dealer……

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update: I have driven the car now, and I it is rock solid now. Amazingly, it appears that this headrest rattle was the primary source of rattle, as it appears that the sound of the headrest rattle echoed in a way to trick my ears. So if you hear rattles on the passenger side in a hard to locate area, hold the headrest as you go over bumps to see if it helps mute the sound. Very pleased (knock on wood!).

OP
OP
WalterG

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
That's great news - thanks for the update.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Update: I have driven the car now, and I it is rock solid now. Amazingly, it appears that this headrest rattle was the primary source of rattle, as it appears that the sound of the headrest rattle echoed in a way to trick my ears. So if you hear rattles on the passenger side in a hard to locate area, hold the headrest as you go over bumps to see if it helps mute the sound. Very pleased (knock on wood!).
I have a headrest rattle from both headrests when the headrest is moved forward. When you push it back, it doesn't rattle. Dealer advised this cannot be fixed. Do your headrests move back and forward and did they rattle when in the forward position?

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
I have a headrest rattle from both headrests when the headrest is moved forward. When you push it back, it doesn't rattle. Dealer advised this cannot be fixed. Do your headrests move back and forward and did they rattle when in the forward position?
Mine are the same. I have the 18way seats and when i extend the headrests forward, they start to rattle. No rattle when pushed in. I haven't asked the dealer as I'm not interested in having the seats reupholstered

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine do move backward and forward, but I have not noticed that they rattle in either position. Candidly, my wife hates it forward, so I'm not sure how often it is ever in that position.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine do move backward and forward, but I have not noticed that they rattle in either position. Candidly, my wife hates it forward, so I'm not sure how often it is ever in that position.
My son loves it forward so every time he gets in the car he moves it and the rattle comes back. First world problems!
Sponsored