Frozen Blue and Gentian Blue Taycan 4S (From LA Auto Show Debut)

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I went to the Frankfurt auto show to see my car, and one of the main reasons was I wanted to see how it looked in real life, albeit under fluorescent lights. It's a big risk looking at pictures to figure out what color you want, and for this price I would definitely make an effort to see the car before placing the final order. They had pretty much all the colors available to see, and I'm really happy with the Carerra white. I just can't imagine ordering an unusual color like the green, red or either shade of blue without seeing the car in person. These colors look very different depending on the pictures. I mean, what if you don't like it? Then you're really stuck.

I'll also add that I was thinking about switching to the high gloss black for exterior option, and my advice is DO NOT get this option. There were scratches all over the running boards by the front doors, and the CF looked great. Other observations - just my opinion - the race-Tex interior looked terrific. I couldn't tell a lot of difference between regular and Olea leather, but ordered the Olea anyways, figuring it would feel better after some use. You'll need to keep a microfiber cloth in the console for the fingerprints on the console screen - which will probably drive me semi-nuts. The one thing I couldn't check out was how the car looked inside and outside in the sunlight. The glass interior is supposedly non-reflective, but really I figure you don't have a choice. Same with the glass roof - but it looks terrific in person.

Bottom line is this is one of the best looking cars I've seen in a showroom. Looks like what a Porsche should look like inside and outside for the next decade.
Sponsored

Last edited:

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's a big risk looking at pictures to figure out what color you want, and for this price I would definitely make an effort to see the car before placing the final order. They had pretty much all the colors available to see, and I'm really happy with the Carerra white. I just can't imagine ordering an unusual color like the green, red or either shade of blue without seeing the car in person. These colors look very different depending on the pictures. I mean, what if you don't like it? Then you're really stuck.
There are enough high quality pictures of the green, blue, and grey cars now I wouldn’t worry about it, myself. They all look great in a variety of settings and lighting. I got to see the blue in person, pretty much side by side with a 911. the blue is exactly the same hue as the 992 911 genetian blue, so you can go see it if your dealer has a 911 around. The red ... I have doubts.

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I was in Frankfurt and didn't realize they had the colors (I had just landed and was going to another town). I am looking at the Frozen blue. All the photos make it look like UNC blue, which is not what I want. Right now I have that with the olea brown.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
I was in Frankfurt and didn't realize they had the colors (I had just landed and was going to another town). I am looking at the Frozen blue. All the photos make it look like UNC blue, which is not what I want. Right now I have that with the olea brown.
Its a bit UNC-ish but its metallic where the metallic specks are both silvery and gold...… so it changes a LOT with the how the light catches the surface.... I a now have the same config as yourself when it comes to color and interior color.....

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Its a bit UNC-ish but its metallic where the metallic specks are both silvery and gold...… so it changes a LOT with the how the light catches the surface.... I a now have the same config as yourself when it comes to color and interior color.....
That makes me feel better given you actually saw it and still chose it. Thanks.

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Thanks very much. Not the color I thought, but better than UNC. A differentish shade, I'd say.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I think its one of those colours that you need to see in person to really know what it looks like - from some images it seems similar to Miami blue but here Rollep is right it looks like a Fiat Punto / 500 blue!

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Unfortunately it looks like Fiat 500 Baby Blue;)
I don't pay attention to cars all that much, but I don't think we have Fiat 500s in the US, so I'm not 100% sure what that is.

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I went to the Frankfurt auto show to see my car, and one of the main reasons was I wanted to see how it looked in real life, albeit under fluorescent lights. It's a big risk looking at pictures to figure out what color you want, and for this price I would definitely make an effort to see the car before placing the final order. They had pretty much all the colors available to see, and I'm really happy with the Carerra white. I just can't imagine ordering an unusual color like the green, red or either shade of blue without seeing the car in person. These colors look very different depending on the pictures. I mean, what if you don't like it? Then you're really stuck.

I'll also add that I was thinking about switching to the high gloss black for exterior option, and my advice is DO NOT get this option. There were scratches all over the running boards by the front doors, and the CF looked great. Other observations - just my opinion - the race-Tex interior looked terrific. I couldn't tell a lot of difference between regular and Olea leather, but ordered the Olea anyways, figuring it would feel better after some use. You'll need to keep a microfiber cloth in the console for the fingerprints on the console screen - which will probably drive me semi-nuts. The one thing I couldn't check out was how the car looked inside and outside in the sunlight. The glass interior is supposedly non-reflective, but really I figure you don't have a choice. Same with the glass roof - but it looks terrific in person.

Bottom line is this is one of the best looking cars I've seen in a showroom. Looks like what a Porsche should look like inside and outside for the next decade.
I was in Frankfurt and didn't realize they had color swatches (I was jet lagged and in a hurry with a ton of people there). Did you take photos of the ice blue and/or have any thoughts on the color of same?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I was in Frankfurt and didn't realize they had color swatches (I was jet lagged and in a hurry with a ton of people there). Did you take photos of the ice blue and/or have any thoughts on the color of same?
I went back through my photos and I've only got pics of Gentian Blue and Carerra Metallic White. They had swatches of all the interior materials, and pretty much all the combinations of silver/glossy/carbon fiber trim, but they didn't have exterior paint swatches that I saw. I don't remember seeing any Frozen Blue so I'm afraid I'm not much help here. I think you've got to see it in the flesh since it's such an unusual color. Not sure if it's like the 'Gulf Blue' porsche's of old or not.

These were the cars that did it for me in CWM.

Porsche Taycan Frozen Blue and Gentian Blue Taycan 4S (From LA Auto Show Debut) imagetaycan2

View attachment 2298

View attachment 2299

Porsche Taycan Frozen Blue and Gentian Blue Taycan 4S (From LA Auto Show Debut) vD50lyWxQ7yxfYWOQCNNyQ

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
I went back through my photos and I've only got pics of Gentian Blue and Carerra Metallic White. They had swatches of all the interior materials, and pretty much all the combinations of silver/glossy/carbon fiber trim, but they didn't have exterior paint swatches that I saw. I don't remember seeing any Frozen Blue so I'm afraid I'm not much help here. I think you've got to see it in the flesh since it's such an unusual color. Not sure if it's like the 'Gulf Blue' porsche's of old or not.

These were the cars that did it for me in CWM.

imagetaycan2.jpeg

View attachment 2298

View attachment 2299

vD50lyWxQ7yxfYWOQCNNyQ.jpg
It changes in the light as you can see on the lower images from the mountains. However, in flat light its VERY close to the Gulf blue. One of the reasons I took it. :) Really like that color and you can play with the Gulf striping or similar striping as on you avatar
Sponsored