Frozen Blue Metallic GTS?

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
Whether you like this color or not, will FBM work well in GTS trim? (as in contrasting against all black trims, black emblems, black light housings, and black wheels)

I've only seen FBM on a 4S with silver trim and it's fantastic. Just not sure how this paint will fly with the GTS stuff. Currently have my build this way but tempted to go the safer route and choose chalk/crayon paint instead. Can't really trust configurator renders.

Patiently waiting for someone to collect a FBM GTS and post pics.... :)
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
In a word NO!

Frozen Blue is an awful colour (sorry) as is Frozen Berry. It will only look worse with the gloss black window surrounds etc.

Why did Porsche ever think these were good colours that are notable by their absence in preference to others we'll never know so please don't order a car in either of these colours.

OP
OP

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
In a word NO!

Frozen Blue is an awful colour (sorry) as is Frozen Berry. It will only look worse with the gloss black window surrounds etc.

Why did Porsche ever think these were good colours that are notable by their absence in preference to others we'll never know so please don't order a car in either of these colours.
I appreciate all opinions both for and against - that is why I wanted to start this thread. But can you please share actual reasons why you think it's so awful? I mean historically, when it comes to GTS spec Porsches, all the light colors seem to do a very good job of offering contrast against all the black trim bits and wheels. So FBM seems no different than white, silver, light gray, chalk with regards to achieving this contrast effect, so perhaps you just don't like the shade of blue as much as the next person?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
In a word NO!

?
Frozen Blue looks great with gloss black (as does Frozen Berry)...Porsche have been doing it for years-
Porsche Taycan Frozen Blue Metallic GTS? 1647707117985

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
?
Frozen Blue looks great with gloss black (as does Frozen Berry)...Porsche have been doing it for years-
1647707117985.png
Except that’s not Frozen Blue…

OP, I think it’ll look great, especially with a more sporty five spoke wheel like the Mission E wheels.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Yes, frozen blue w/black would look great. FB is my second favorite Taycan color.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Except that’s not Frozen Blue…

OP, I think it’ll look great, especially with a more sporty five spoke wheel like the Mission E wheels.
I know- It's called Gulf Blue and it's still available as PTS (not sure if for Taycan though)- but they're very close, enough for my point (which is that light blue and black has Porsche heritage).
EDIT- if only Gulf Orange were a leather option :cool:

Last edited:

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Whether you like this color or not, will FBM work well in GTS trim? (as in contrasting against all black trims, black emblems, black light housings, and black wheels)

I've only seen FBM on a 4S with silver trim and it's fantastic. Just not sure how this paint will fly with the GTS stuff. Currently have my build this way but tempted to go the safer route and choose chalk/crayon paint instead. Can't really trust configurator renders.

Patiently waiting for someone to collect a FBM GTS and post pics.... :)
Fantastic color with deep Porsche heritage. Matches very well to black accents. Would be a unique GTS for sure.
Here are some pics with the color combo of GTS, although it is not a GTS. Works excellent live.
Porsche Taycan Frozen Blue Metallic GTS? IMG_0714
Porsche Taycan Frozen Blue Metallic GTS? IMG_0708
Porsche Taycan Frozen Blue Metallic GTS? IMG_0709
Porsche Taycan Frozen Blue Metallic GTS? IMG_0710
Porsche Taycan Frozen Blue Metallic GTS? IMG_0711
Porsche Taycan Frozen Blue Metallic GTS? IMG_0712

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Whether you like this color or not, will FBM work well in GTS trim? ...
Colour is a hugely personal choice. You cannot answer a question like that without factoring in whether you like it or not.

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I picked up my Frozen Blue GTS a few weeks ago, absolutely love it!
Fantastic! I have one set to lock in soon. What color is your interior? I think I'm going to go all in - grey or chalk interior (my last decision to make) with orange stitching.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
A Frozen Berry GTS looks smoking hot.
Look at Porsche Prestons showroom car.

Taycan GTS in Frozen Berry - YouTube

Too much extra carbon for me on this comedt £25K extras dealer spec, doesn't need it but it still looks great.

Of course I don't have the cohones to order that colour myself
(Or Mamba, or Frozen blue)
I have 2 mates with FBlue and 1 with Mamba, bold fellows!

I have ordered my GTS in Crayon/Chalk after just selling my 4S in same colour
I know, boring, same colour, it's just the best colour! You can leave the calipers red
for great contrast and they look great through RS wheels

GTS black trim, badges, pan roof and RS wheels looks better with all bright and/or pale colours
Dark colours just hide the features, no contrast.

All the Taycans that stalk my local area are black and dark grey with a few Gentian Blue
OK if you want to try to fly under the radar and street park a lot?
That ship unfortunately sails when you buy a Taycan!
Those colours are, I am afraid, just a bit dull!

By the way, you have to have Race Tex in a GTS otherwise its not a GTS....
Just saying!!!
Cooler in summer, warmer in winter, no sliding about, soooo much more functional
This forum seems wonderfully obsessed with dead cow.
Sponsored