KrisMc

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Ginetta G40r, VW T6
Country flag
So it’s minus 3 in Uk overnight which is normal, 0-2 degrees during the day. My Taycan has frozen solid and I couldn’t pull the doors open at all, I then decided to activate the preheating and leave it, but that fails all the time. Cars been in twice now for 15 or so technical issues. This just tops the biscuit.

I took the wife’s car and tried to get in this morning when the doors pulled open locks but wouldn’t open doors still (see video) so then 4 hrs later I tried to lock handles and they stuck open! What a mess, finally defrosted and handles in, 24hrs later I went for Milk.

Porsche Taycan Frozen Taycan 4s - Can’t Get in! 2615DDAE-1C69-46AA-AACB-D2CF2FAA612C

Porsche Taycan Frozen Taycan 4s - Can’t Get in! 4734880E-4177-4FF5-B783-BF14C11D97AF

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Quick hack - take really warm water (60c or so) and pour it on the frozen parts for the drivers door. That might help to unfreeze.

preheating feature should also fix the problem, but its sad to hear that it would not work for you.

robborover

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4s & Cayenne S
Country flag
I cleaned mine today and was fine until this evening when temps dropped. Passenger side window wont shut fully as presumably frozen in recess perhaps? Pre-heat keeps coming on and off too!

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you don’t get those conditions too often.

This reminds me of a time with a car I had around 15 years ago where something similar happened, hopefully it lightens the situation. Parked over at a mate’s house, in Winter. Went to leave the next day and had to de-ice the windows. So I unlocked the car (air vacuum pipe system), started the engine put all the heaters on, shut the door and proceeded to scrape the windscreen.

When all windows cleared I went to get in, drivers door & all other doors locked!! I was stuck stood there like a lemon watching my car sat idling with no way of getting in, had to get my brother to drive across to me with spare key. Took a couple of hours.

Turns out part of the door lock mechanism had frozen so the door opened, but then got overriden when I shut the door again as the door pin stayed down. In turn that locked all the doors ?

WD40 in the lock hole later that day and never had the same problem. I have always left drivers door slightly ajar when doing the same thing ever since, just in case.

OP
OP
KrisMc

KrisMc

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Ginetta G40r, VW T6
Country flag
Defrosted, charged and still the same....
Porsche Taycan Frozen Taycan 4s - Can’t Get in! 0DC072CC-7AF6-49A1-97D1-A3A8157736EB

tmx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Never use warm or hot water to unfreeze. You risk cracking the glass. Just get a bottle of isopropanol, mix to about 50% and have a spray bottle somewhere. When the window frames or handles freeze, spray the isopropanol on it and leave it for a while. That will get rid of the ice in no time. We have also Tesla Model 3 and that has the same issue but even worse since the door handles are totally recessed.
Sponsored