Parlorman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
My CT 4S arrived at Porsche Nashua Friday. I went in yesterday to finalize the paperwork and see the car. My SA, Mike, told me that the car was at a remote facility a few miles away where they unload the trucks and do a lot of service work including delivery prep and that he would take me over there to see the car. We went inside and it is everything I hoped for and more. I’m really happy with the configuration I spec’d out. While I was geeking out and taking pictures, one of the technicians was talking with another fellow and pointed at my car and said that it needed to go to the dealership for the software upgrade. I told them it was my car and they said I could drive it back with Mike. The car had 8 miles on the odometer and Mike said 5 of those were done on the dynamometer at the factory and the other three were loading and unloading on trucks and the boat.

Mike told me it almost never happens that the new owner gets the very first miles on the car like that. It certainly made my day.

It was a fairly short drive back to the dealership but what a blast! I’m getting full car PPF and ceramic coating. Those and the software upgrade will take a few days. I’m hoping to take delivery Saturday.

Porsche Taycan Fun pre-delivery experience: got to put very first miles on my new Taycan 2C65FB98-39BF-4A7D-83CE-878829AF7FE7
Porsche Taycan Fun pre-delivery experience: got to put very first miles on my new Taycan 2C65FB98-39BF-4A7D-83CE-878829AF7FE7
Porsche Taycan Fun pre-delivery experience: got to put very first miles on my new Taycan 45CBC2ED-59CF-4D3E-BC29-E5674DA799BA

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
My CT 4S arrived at Porsche Nashua Friday. I went in yesterday to finalize the paperwork and see the car. My SA, Mike, told me that the car was at a remote facility a few miles away where they unload the trucks and do a lot of service work including delivery prep and that he would take me over there to see the car. We went inside and it is everything I hoped for and more. I’m really happy with the configuration I spec’d out. While I was geeking out and taking pictures, one of the technicians was talking with another fellow and pointed at my car and said that it needed to go to the dealership for the software upgrade. I told them it was my car and they said I could drive it back with Mike. The car had 8 miles on the odometer and Mike said 5 of those were done on the dynamometer at the factory and the other three were loading and unloading on trucks and the boat.

Mike told me it almost never happens that the new owner gets the very first miles on the car like that. It certainly made my day.

It was a fairly short drive back to the dealership but what a blast! I’m getting full car PPF and ceramic coating. Those and the software upgrade will take a few days. I’m hoping to take delivery Saturday.

2C65FB98-39BF-4A7D-83CE-878829AF7FE7.jpeg
2C65FB98-39BF-4A7D-83CE-878829AF7FE7.jpeg
45CBC2ED-59CF-4D3E-BC29-E5674DA799BA.jpeg
Interesting about the software update. When was your car built? Mine was built the 3rd week of July and dealer says no updates are required.

congrats on the car btw…

OP
OP
Parlorman

Parlorman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting about the software update. When was your car built? Mine was built the 3rd week of July and dealer says no updates are required.

congrats on the car btw…
Thanks for the congrats. Mine was built in June. It’s MY 2022 and needs the update.

OP
OP
Parlorman

Parlorman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Love the color and those wheels. The chrome window trim looks great as well.
Thanks very much. Some folks don’t like the bright window trim but I think it sets the rest of the car off nicely.

ccyr15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (upcoming), RX450H, Ram 1500
Country flag
I also picked up my car from Porsche Nashua (in September).

The dealership as a whole was great to interact with and the Taycan demo guy (bricking on his name) was fantastic when we did delivery walkthrough.

I declined to have them do the PPF and had it brought to a local dealer since I had heard not great things about dealer installs. Let us know how it turns out.

OP
OP
Parlorman

Parlorman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I also picked up my car from Porsche Nashua (in September).

The dealership as a whole was great to interact with and the Taycan demo guy (bricking on his name) was fantastic when we did delivery walkthrough.

I declined to have them do the PPF and had it brought to a local dealer since I had heard not great things about dealer installs. Let us know how it turns out.
I’m bricking on his name too (and I just met him a couple of days ago) :crying: Kyle? He is great. He was the guy the tech was talking to about my car going back to the dealership. We talked quite a while. Turns out we’re both musicians (as is one the salespeople and a manager). He seems very knowledgeable about the cars.

They showed me a car with the PPF and it was very well done. I couldn’t see any seams or edges anywhere. I’ll give an update when I get the car.

ccyr15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (upcoming), RX450H, Ram 1500
Country flag
I’m bricking on his name too (and I just met him a couple of days ago) :crying: Kyle? He is great. He was the guy the tech was talking to about my car going back to the dealership. We talked quite a while. Turns out we’re both musicians (as is one the salespeople and a manager). He seems very knowledgeable about the cars.

They showed me a car with the PPF and it was very well done. I couldn’t see any seams or edges anywhere. I’ll give an update when I get the car.
I think Automotive Elegance does it onsite for them. That's who we brought ours to, been using them for years...they do a really nice job. I'm sure yours will be perfect.

I tend to bring it to them onsite as I like to let them have as long as they need, and it gives me a chance to walk around and see some of the cars they are working on. A Ferrari and a few 911s last time.

OP
OP
Parlorman

Parlorman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think Automotive Elegance does it onsite for them. That's who we brought ours to, been using them for years...they do a really nice job. I'm sure yours will be perfect.

I tend to bring it to them onsite as I like to let them have as long as they need, and it gives me a chance to walk around and see some of the cars they are working on. A Ferrari and a few 911s last time.
Cool
Sponsored