Funny (and maybe therapeutic) exercise for us who are waiting for delivery

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Sitting in my diesel car at a mall, around 75km from home, waiting for my wife to finish checking the last 11 stores.

What if I were in my taycan right now and only had 10% soc left?

Open ABRP and input home address and let's see what it suggests.

Oh, there's 50Kw charger less than 4km from my position and in route. Estimated charge time according to app is 9 min to get enough soc to arrive home at 10%.

Open local charge app to check real-time status and best price: it was available (used 2h ago) and 3.75€ to get it from 9% to 30% (only 22% required).

When wife arrived, I asked if she would mind a tiny detour (Just to check if the charger is really working and vacant). She agreed as there's a shoe store across the road.

We went there, I checked the charger. It was operational (double card swipe to test it) and wife went to check the store.

28 min later she returned. That would have given me a soc of 39% instead of the required 22% and cost me 5.39€... Perfect.

Would have been an easy ride home without any worries.

I'm probably the only one doing this but I found it somehow eases my doubts about owning an EV
Sponsored

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Yeah but how much did your wife spend on shoes?
(There's a post somewhere in this Forum about a guy whose wife bought an expensive designer purse while he did a 'quick stop' at a charging station.)

OP
OP
tchavei

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah but how much did your wife spend on shoes?
(There's a post somewhere in this Forum about a guy whose wife bought an expensive designer purse while he did a 'quick stop' at a charging station.)
Let's just say I'm really happy about the smaller trunk/boot the sedan comes with. Will be the perfect excuse to limit the amount of boxes😁

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nice scenario - I like your logical thinking.

In the 9 months I've owned a Taycan what I actually see is that I've only charged outside of my home 4 times - and they were on trips between cities.
The reality (for me at least) is that I charge overnight at home and know that I'll have enough mileage for the day. Basically I always leave home with a "full tank". So I've never found myself in a shoe-buying/charging scenario.

OP
OP
tchavei

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I k
Nice scenario - I like your logical thinking.

In the 9 months I've owned a Taycan what I actually see is that I've only charged outside of my home 4 times - and they were on trips between cities.
The reality (for me at least) is that I charge overnight at home and know that I'll have enough mileage for the day. Basically I always leave home with a "full tank". So I've never found myself in a shoe-buying/charging scenario.
Understandable. I live in the center of the city, a flat. No parking. It's very convenient for day to day living but I didn't think about the possibility of ever owning an EV back then.

Maybe in 20 years I'll move to the suburbs and get a "proper" house with a garden and a garage but until then, I'll have to live out of public charging, hence my worries. I do have around 20-30 chargers close by and I "think" that my daily routine will allow me to just charge once a week but knowing these unplanned trips can go without issues is a small relief.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ah yes, I see. Very interesting to see these different use cases.

BTW - my Mum lives in a small coastal village near Caldas de Rainha, north of Lisbon. Beautiful area :cool:

OP
OP
tchavei

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah yes, I see. Very interesting to see these different use cases.

BTW - my Mum lives in a small coastal village near Caldas de Rainha, north of Lisbon. Beautiful area :cool:
Caldas da Rainha is beautiful.

I love down south. Like really south 😊

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
What if I were in my taycan right now and only had 10% soc left?

Open ABRP and input home address and let's see what it suggests.

Oh, there's 50Kw charger less than 4km from my position and in route. Estimated charge time according to app is 9 min to get enough soc to arrive home at 10%.
Beyond checking this forum, YouTube search "Taycan," and checking TYD on a daily basis... I'm going to have to add this activity to my list when I'm out and about the town! Thanks for the idea! 😆
Sponsored