Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
I recently posted complaining about the new PCM updates colored icons and it was received with such opposition that I honestly quite enjoyed it. I was told to eat a snickers which was fantastic.

I LOVE my taycan. Id buy it again and again. But everyone loves a good complain sesh.

Let this thread be a place to complain about the quirky little things that don’t really matter and not be ridiculed for being a diva. This is a diva safe zone! Say the silliest thing that drives you crazy ( about the taycan please) and don’t worry what others will think.

I’ll go first - I get a coffee every morning. Its really an excuse to take the car out since I work from home. But cups of ice rattle like
an operatic crescendo in the Taycan. It’s never been like this in other cars and it drives me crazy! There’s no cure for this. Maybe a Xanax. I’ve resorted to putting the cup between my legs on days I’m wearing thicker pants.

Mouth full of snickers and still complaining
-the Positive Pessimist
Grab this insulated coffee mug from Suncoast Porsche, on sale! I get my coffee in cardboard/styrofoam so no rattles.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/produ...Q_0AuVqJfncgdb_Q3mzXKza2AdQPULJMaAjjgEALw_wcB
Sponsored

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
The lack of soft-close doors. I mean wtf.
- Center console doesn't open 90 degrees or STAY open
- No soft close door option. (Porsche tells me this is to save weight)
Absolutely. Lack of soft close doors is the one and only thing that had me second guessing my order placement. Sounds stupid and petty, but that’s how I roll. I’m sticking with the order of course.

I’m saying now that soft close doors might become THE most compelling reason for current owners to upgrade to a mid-cycle-refresh 2024/25 model. I’m already sold on that prospect and I haven’t even taken delivery of my 2023 yet :)

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
- Center console doesn't open 90 degrees or STAY open
- No soft close door option. (Porsche tells me this is to save weight)
The lack of soft-close doors. I mean wtf.

Absolutely. Lack of soft close doors is the one and only thing that had me second guessing my order placement. Sounds stupid and petty, but that’s how I roll. I’m sticking with the order of course.

I’m saying now that soft close doors might become THE most compelling reason for current owners to upgrade to a mid-cycle-refresh 2024/25 model. I’m already sold on that prospect and I haven’t even taken delivery of my 2023 yet :)
My 2017 panamera turbo has the soft close doors and I freaking love them (especially cuz I have kids). Very disappointed I could not option them on the Taycan.
While I was on a vacation cruise, @Adrian@GlasWerksDMV installed Motowey soft close door mechanisms on my Taycan and it is glorious. I'll write up the details in the Aftermarket Softclose Doors thread.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok, I'm not being disrespectful, but I honestly don't get the soft close thing. Why do you like it so much? What is the benefit? Asking sincerely as I just can't imagine even noticing it.

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
Ok, I'm not being disrespectful, but I honestly don't get the soft close thing. Why do you like it so much? What is the benefit? Asking sincerely as I just can't imagine even noticing it.
little things… like if you have kids: not waking-up infants/toddlers when loading/unloading child carriers, or when dropping off elemantary/middle school kids who don’t quite shut the door enough when dropping off at school on a cold winter day (saves you from stopping, getting out of the car and shutting it or strecthing across the car unbuckled to pull it shut). I never thought I needed this feature either, but you realize how awesome it is when you have kids of this age and have to go back and forth between cars where one has the feature and the other does not. And there’s lots of other non-parent-related uses: like if you’re a world-class assassin and sneaking up your target for the kill. You wouldn’t want to alert them of your arrival upon exiting your Taycan and closing the door. That would be amateur hour ;)

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
little things… like if you have kids: not waking-up infants/toddlers when loading/unloading child carriers, or when dropping off elemantary/middle school kids who don’t quite shut the door enough when dropping off at school on a cold winter day (saves you from stopping, getting out of the car and shutting it or strecthing across the car unbuckled to pull it shut). I never thought I needed this feature either, but you realize how awesome it is when you have kids of this age and have to go back and forth between cars where one has the feature and the other does not.
I ordered it on my wife's GLS 450 (and MB charges a relatively reasonable $500 for it) and we love it for the kids. It also keeps the kids from slamming fingers in doors because they know they can just press it lightly to close - although my son's fingers did get pinched when my wife pushed the door closed - but that was on her. I don't think I'd need it on my Taycan, but I'm glad we optioned it otherwise. Speaking of - ordering a Mercedes after buying a Porsche is dangerous. You're like - this option is only $500? I can get real open pore wood in my car for just an extra $300? It's like a fire sale.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
little things… like if you have kids: not waking-up infants/toddlers when loading/unloading child carriers, or when dropping off elemantary/middle school kids who don’t quite shut the door enough when dropping off at school on a cold winter day (saves you from stopping, getting out of the car and shutting it or strecthing across the car unbuckled to pull it shut). I never thought I needed this feature either, but you realize how awesome it is when you have kids of this age and have to go back and forth between cars where one has the feature and the other does not. And there’s lots of other non-parent-related uses: like if you’re a world-class assassin and sneaking up your target for the kill. You wouldn’t want to alert them of your arrival upon exiting your Taycan and closing the door. That would be amateur hour ;)
Ah, ok. I went through those phases using (1) a 911 (2 doors, can reach from driver's side); (2) a Tesla Model X (electric control of all doors); and (3) a Toyota Sienna Minivan (electric doors). I guess this is why I never missed it. Now kids are all off at college, so I don't need soft close (but still wish I had the model X ability to open and close doors electronically since my wife wants me to get out and manually open and close her door (small price to pay of having to be married to me).

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
LOL.

Merc, the ultimate old man/woman car.
I don't consider myself old, and we've had a GLS as the "family" car for the past ~8 years. I won't go about extolling its virtues here, but it is, by far/bar none the most over-engineered car this side of the moon rover. The thing is a tank, but far more comfortable.
Sponsored