Funny little things that drive me crazy | diva safe zone

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don't consider myself old, and we've had a GLS as the "family" car for the past ~8 years. I won't go about extolling its virtues here, but it is, by far/bar none the most over-engineered car this side of the moon rover. The thing is a tank, but far more comfortable.
We’re on our second with no complaints. Great family vehicle. Our ‘18 had a stinky AC unit, but the new one has no such issues.
Sponsored

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I don't consider myself old, and we've had a GLS as the "family" car for the past ~8 years. I won't go about extolling its virtues here, but it is, by far/bar none the most over-engineered car this side of the moon rover. The thing is a tank, but far more comfortable.
I was merely being sarcastic. I don't choose my vehicles based on anyone else's opinions, and I don't think anyone else should either. Really. Don't worry Viejo ;)

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
  • Ingress/egress is difficult for 6'3 me with a bad hip. I have to move the wheel all the way forward manually before I exit, as comfort entry just moves it uselessly up (not forward).

• The timer/profile nonsense is way overcomplicated and should just be a simple slider exactly as Tesla does it, with an optional time window for time-of-use discounts.

• When cleaning the car, water tends to collect around the trunk and dump everywhere.

• Cleaning that rear diffuser is annoying and has lot of little nooks where dirt likes to hide.

• Carplay kills your previous audio source when it connects and takes control whether you want it to or not. (See "Why I dumped Carplay" thread)

• The RWD Taycan is slower than the RWD Model 3.

• It's not a 2 door coupe with a 2+2 seating arrangement, which would be preferable.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I don't (which I regret) but I meant more personal ingress and egress. I'm not particularly tall or big, but it's still not easy to get in and out of the car (gracefully) especially if you're constrained by a wall on one side, as I am.
Ass first getting in and use the B-Pillar to get out.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ass first getting in and use the B-Pillar to get out.
I don't have the room in my garage for that, but I hold my weight with my leg muscles and use the steering wheel to lower myself in. Reverse for getting out. The leather is holding up fine, generally, but I'm OCD so the slightest wrinkle in the side bolster bothers me as the car is otherwise like brand new. I'm convinced the design of the side bolsters (with ventilation) is such that it's just going to wrinkle over time no matter how careful one is. Just not enough padding.

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
The intermittent but recurrent rattling sound coming from the ac vents is a bit annoying. To be clear however, I LOVE this car.

Trogdors_Peasant

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 2022 AMG SL63
Country flag
We love ours, but the seat position not being consistent with which key fob opened the car is a pain.

I can be the only one near the car and it’ll still not set to my position about 1/4 of the time it’s unlocked with either the fob button or comfort access. It’s worse when both fobs are near.

We trade cars back and forth all the time and our M4 is rock solid on setting the drivers seat even when both fobs are there based on which one is positioned on the drivers side.

My wife is significantly shorter so it can almost be a safety hazard if I don’t notice it’s in her setting and try and drop in per all the other comments on this thread about getting in/out.

Last edited:

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'd say the one thing that is mildly annoying is the time it takes for CarPlay to activate - should be more or less instant.

It would also be nice to be able to switch between the new colored icons and the legacy PCM monochrome design.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
That they missed the perfect opportunity to use a Porsche crest to cover the ugly space that the side mirrors expose when folded in. I mean, c’mon, with as much money as we pay these obvious things should really have been covered.

Porsche Taycan Funny little things that drive me crazy | diva safe zone CE938AF0-D663-4E34-BB7F-07D0853BCDEF

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I wish there was a little dimple on the door lock button on the electronic key. I can't tell you all how many times I've opened the frunk when I intended to lock the door. A simple tactile dimple would orient one’s finger which would minimize the inadvertent frunk unlock. Porsche could make this an option and charge $1000!

Last edited:

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
First Porsche and EV for me. Love it. So far best car I have ever purchased.
That said :) I will pile onto the other comments on the cup holder placement and console lid design…These are so poorly done. I am fairly certain Gumby designed this. You have to pre stretch if you want to drink coffee comfortably, and if you want to put you phone in the center console I am convinced you need a 3rd arm to hold the lid open.
I haven’t had it in snow yet, I am a little concerned about when it the passenger side wiper leaves a large part of the glass untouched. Will be curious how that does with slushy snow.

Sushivore

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Complaint mode engaged!

Ingress/Egress. My wife and I are small statured, so easy for us but not our passengers

Backup camera distortion. I drove a buddy's Ionic 5 and I loved his surround view options. Made precision parking very easy. The Taycan is so long and wide. I still struggle to dock this yacht.

PCM issues still present, even after the update. Car just spent a week at the dealer as they could not get SmartLift, Trunk Open Errors, Various system warnings to stay fixed. Dealer was great, but I am still pleasantly surprised when everything works.

Having overboost power available during normal driving instead of just launch mode would be nice.

I'd love it if the Night Vison Assist screen was available on the Passenger display and if the warning notifications showed on the Head Up Display.

I wish the Comfort Access for trunk and frunk worked more reliably.

A sports sedan should have a sunglass holder.

On the other hand, I was driving the other day and could not think of a car I'd rather own, regardless of price or availability. I have never felt that way about any other vehicle I owned.

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
- Center console doesn't open 90 degrees or STAY open
- No soft close door option. (Porsche tells me this is to save weight)
i came here for this. what the heck porsche - how can you mess up the center console like this? Its just really awkward and hard to open while seated, and the fact that it won't stay open is just dumbfounding.

do miss soft close doors.

jrmuppet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Volvo XC60
Country flag
Love this thread, in part because the PCM update has really cleared up all the BIG annoyances.

I back up my driveway to park in the garage and the reverse lights are not bright at all. The brake lights are far brighter. Backing up at night is hard with the fisheye and lack of light.
Sponsored