Slowrey

First Name
Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan and 1990 JDM Toyota Mr2
Country flag
I recently posted complaining about the new PCM updates colored icons and it was received with such opposition that I honestly quite enjoyed it. I was told to eat a snickers which was fantastic.

I LOVE my taycan. Id buy it again and again. But everyone loves a good complain sesh.

Let this thread be a place to complain about the quirky little things that don’t really matter and not be ridiculed for being a diva. This is a diva safe zone! Say the silliest thing that drives you crazy ( about the taycan please) and don’t worry what others will think.

I’ll go first - I get a coffee every morning. Its really an excuse to take the car out since I work from home. But cups of ice rattle like
an operatic crescendo in the Taycan. It’s never been like this in other cars and it drives me crazy! There’s no cure for this. Maybe a Xanax. I’ve resorted to putting the cup between my legs on days I’m wearing thicker pants.

Mouth full of snickers and still complaining
-the Positive Pessimist
Sponsored

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
The ergonomics of the center console are just pathetic. Nothing is where it should be, and using the center storage or cup holders is just awkward, as is the design of the B pillar, which seems like it was meant to make it hard to look dignified entering or exiting the car.

Comfort entry is spotty. I sometimes find myself waving my foot under the rear bumper or waving my hand over the front for long enough that I may appear to be mental to casual observers.

I would like more driving modes for innodrive. The current function should be called "sport" mode, but a new mode -- perhaps "cruise" mode -- should be much more active in steering and it should have audible warnings when it is unable to do so.

I also wish I could electronically open and close each door from the car, that the driver's door would open automatically when I approach with key and close and lock automatically when I walk away from the vehicle with the key. Easy. Others have shown how this works.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If I'm encouraged to complain...

1. It's a hard car for dust... I like to drive with the windows down sometimes, but all those touchscreens and piano black surfaces.
2. It's a PITA to get in and out of in a tight space, as I have in my garage.
3. The side bolsters crease if you look at them funny. I've resigned myself to the side bolster crease that's developing no matter how much of my weight I try to bear getting in and out.
4. I have to press the air recirculation button every time I get in the car. My office building/garage houses a couple of very smelly restaurants. Unless I want my interior to smell like kimchi, this is mandatory.
5. Fisheye back-up camera (duh)

Pretty minor stuff. Great car.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
Diva complaints, maybe Princess Problems?! Fun idea.

Here's the ones I can think of, annoying, but easy to work around.

I wish the PCM to loaded quicker upon getting into the car. It takes a while for it boot up, and get fully connected before I am able to punch in navigation destination.

Sending a destination to the car. The process takes 10-15 minutes to occur, no one is going to wait that long. Only useful when you're charging the car, but you're already sitting there, so the function is fundamentally useless as is.

Sometimes the PCM argues with itself when using Spotify and Android Auto. The built-in app or Android Auto will pause the music because it's being used on another device. I have to press play again to resume music.

Plug & Charge doesn't always work at DCFC. I have to start the session with the My Porsche app, ended up disabling the setting for consistent experience.

Can't see anything out the back if the rear headrests are in the up position.

Drive Mode defaults to normal every time on start up. Wish it would remember the last used setting. I know it's a regulation thing, but, at least provide some process to set it. Good thing Sports Chrono makes it a simple twist of a knob.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I take it you do not have rear axle steering?
I don't (which I regret) but I meant more personal ingress and egress. I'm not particularly tall or big, but it's still not easy to get in and out of the car (gracefully) especially if you're constrained by a wall on one side, as I am.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
- Center console doesn't open 90 degrees or STAY open
- No soft close door option. (Porsche tells me this is to save weight)

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't (which I regret) but I meant more personal ingress and egress. I'm not particularly tall or big, but it's still not easy to get in and out of the car.
Ah, yes, now I understand. Yes. Awkward. I'm 6'1" and 210 (not fat) but B-pillar and door configuration can make it awkward.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ah, yes, now I understand. Yes. Awkward. I'm 6'1" and 210 (not fat) but B-pillar and door configuration can make it awkward.
I recall now that Dwayne (the Rock) Johnson couldn't fit in the Taycan for the movie "Red Notice". He just needed these guys...
Porsche Taycan Funny little things that drive me crazy | diva safe zone tokyo-subway-pushers-42

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
cups of ice rattle like an operatic crescendo in the Taycan.
I have not experienced that BUT ...

Getting in and out of the car is not easy. I'm 5'10" and 170lb. I knew what I was getting into when I bought the car. It is a sports car, after all. But I can definitely appreciate other posters comments.

I seldom see the PCM issues (slow starting, sometimes doesn't get the connection right) after the recent update. Its still not perfect, but in full disclosure, my Tesla Y doesn't always start music from my iPhone either. Once in awhile I need to turn off my iPhone and turn it back on to get things going on my Tesla. I don't know if this is an Apple issue or a Taycan/Tesla issue.

I have a very tight space in my garage, and the backup camera seems fine. Odd perspective but it gets the job done. Knock on wood, I haven't hit a garage pillar (yet).

Center console? Terrible design. It should stay up.
Smartphone as key? Would be really nice to have this.
Self presenting doors? Would be nice but I don't miss them since the door handles pop out pretty reliably.
Drive mode setting? Yes, it would be nice to remember the drive mode you were in the next time you enter the car.
Colored icons? I like the new ones better than the old ones. But I do recognize this is a personal preference.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Getting in and out of the car is not easy. I'm 5'10" and 170lb. I knew what I was getting into when I bought the car. It is a sports car, after all. But I can definitely appreciate other posters comments.
I also have sports cars, but I think what bothers me about the Taycan is that it seems unnecessarily awkward to get out of the car. It's like they were lazy in the design process and said "hmmm, I really like this super long door and the B pillar looks better/cheaper in this far forward position."

I wish they had sought to minimize the forward portion of the B pillar, or had the front door pop out and slide forward like a minivan door or something. It wouldn't have to go forward very far, but you would have to think about placement of charging cable and wheel position so that you could open/close door while charging and without hitting front wheel, but I think the door is less of an issue for awkwardness than B pillar. at a minimum, maybe they could have the exit mode move the seat to a better position for exit, as it seems to make it even worse (although mine doesn't move that much at all from driving position to exit position).

Last edited:

Chrismkoop

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Sending a destination to the car. The process takes 10-15 minutes to occur, no one is going to wait that long. Only useful when you're charging the car, but you're already sitting there, so the function is fundamentally useless as is.
I've had luck with the shared destination appearing right away, but only if I go into the navigation and open the search bar and act like I'm about to type in a destination.
I think this causes the PCM to reach out to its servers so it can search, and when it does the sent destination will arrive, but that's just my best guess.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
maybe they could have the exit mode move the seat to a better position for exit
I think there are a couple of things which could be done to make it easier to get into and out of the car. These are all software things:

- when the car handles pop out, raise the car to the maximum height to make it easier to get into. When the car is locked, assuming the driver is seated , it can be lowered
- when you are exiting the car, as soon as the car is unlocked, move the car to the maximum height. When the door is closed and locked with the remote, lower the car to the correct height
- have the user create a personal setting for the seat position when entering/exiting the car. The seat always moves all of the way back when you open the doors, but maybe this is part of the problem as the B pillar might be in the way

I have Smartlift and find this feature invaluable. There would be one other software thing which would be good: there should be a 'City' mode to smart lift where the car would go to the max height up to, lets say, 40mph. I drive into NYC and find that when the car is lowered, its sometimes too low for the older, brick streets which tend to be uneven.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
+1 and would add if you ever try to connect a flash usb drive (as I do) to the ports in there be prepared to sign-up for a yoga class as it is truly a giant PITA! :).

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
My 2017 panamera turbo has the soft close doors and I freaking love them (especially cuz I have kids). Very disappointed I could not option them on the Taycan.
Sponsored