FYI: Tesla offers this now - CCS adpater for Tesla vehicles is now "a thing" in the US

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Tesla's had this outside the US for some time - but it's now listed for the first time on the US site…

https://shop.tesla.com/product/ccs-combo-1-adapter

supports upto 250 kW charge rate at CCS sites - so Tesla's can now use CCS sites…if the owner has this adapter

I'm still looking forward to a similar adapter for CCS vehicles to be able to use North American Tesla Superchargers…maybe 2023? Time will tell.
Sponsored

Deleted member 6348

Yes, and many US Tesla owners are disappointed to learn that their, even year old cars, will require a retrofit to use it that won’t be available until sometime in 2023… along with FSD, the Cybertruck, roadster, and a long stream of broken Tesla promises.

We will be able to charge at some Tesla Superchargers by year end. Tesla is updating their super chargers to support CCS. We will all have the opportunity to be gouged by Tesla.

I wish that they would just make an adapter for purchase as that would speed things up, but given the overcrowding already at Tesla chargers, I can see why they aren’t taking that approach.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
my Son's 2022 Model Y and my Brother in-law's 2021 Model Y both support this adatper - we acquired them spring/summer from eBay from the Korean version sold by Tesla (same as North American version)

the Model Y's work well with this adatper at local EA stations - and the charging sessions start fast with less "session start up time" than my 2020 Taycan Turbo

the EA stations also seems to think Plug&Charge might be possible when using this adapter as it brings up an "error" screen that the vehicle's "account can not be found" and then you start the session via the EA app and it works fine…my 2020 Taycan does no show that "account not found" error because it doesn't offer/support Plug&Charge…

things that make you go "hmmmmm"
Sponsored