B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
@feye : Technically (maybe) yes, but from design/look point of view, Porsche still has huge advantage.
They just need to release "SUV EV" (for us, older citizens, retired basketballers :angel: ).
And of course, they need more reliable software, with better UX/UI asap!
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
am sorry to say, but it is getting very, very hard to justify spending 220k for a Porsche, if they cannot step up to battery game! The next Taycan must have at least a 120 kWh battery.
perhaps it is better to get a better efficiency from the drive train, than larger batteries. That would increase the weight. Or with new battery technology you could reduce battery and save even more weight!

I am sure there will be some optimising done for weight, battery capacity, drive train efficiency in the next generation of Taycan.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
perhaps it is better to get a better efficiency from the drive train, than larger batteries. That would increase the weight. Or with new battery technology you could reduce battery and save even more weight!

I am sure there will be some optimising done for weight, battery capacity, drive train efficiency in the next generation of Taycan.
The drive train is already pretty optimized. Could they edge out a few more percent, maybe, but nothing much will happen there.

A researcher in Germany said, that nothing much happenend in the battery chemestry department, but in engineering, a lot happened recently. Cell and battery manufacturers managed to pack much more active material in the same battery pack with improved cooling...

Reactions: B61

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
@feye : Technically (maybe) yes, but from design/look point of view, Porsche still has huge advantage.
They just need to release "SUV EV" (for us, older citizens, retired basketballers :angel: ).
And of course, they need more reliable software, with better UX/UI asap!
I totally agree about the design. But think about it:

I paid 220k USD for my 4S+.
  • No InnoDrive is not even offered in my market
  • ACC is exactly the same I got from Audi 15 years ago
  • HUD was not available
  • Smaller battery
  • Less range
  • Buggy software
Compared to this 38k USD mass produced good looking Chinese car. I don't know about self driving features, but when I see cars like this on the road, I wonder:

Porsche Taycan Gang of EQSs at Lost Hills 20210916_150437

Can looks and the badge really make up for that much???

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I don't know for you, but I wouldn't spend days on a forum of 38k$ car :giggle:
(edited later, after you posted a photo: IMO, it's not good looking, it's "kia version X" and I'll never leave steering wheel of my hands anyway :facepalm: )

Back to topic: EQS has fantastic interior and it's hard to believe that their software could be so buggy as in Taycan.... but I'd order Taycan once again, in a heartbeat :like:
Sponsored

Last edited: