Garage / Gate opening function

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
I was reading the Taycan iPhone App and under Homelink garage opening there is some information with regard to the car having GPS linked Garage openers like the Tesla MS. On the Tesla MS when you pull up to your house it auto opened the garage or gate via GPS location without you needing to do anything.
Is this feature standard on the Taycan? I didn't see any option for it...
Sponsored

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was reading the Taycan iPhone App and under Homelink garage opening there is some information with regard to the car having GPS linked Garage openers like the Tesla MS. On the Tesla MS when you pull up to your house it auto opened the garage or gate via GPS location without you needing to do anything.
Homelink is standard in US models. I've heard that it's an option in Europe.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I read somewhere the same. Hope it works better than the Tesla version. I drive round the back of my house before I get to the front when I want homelink to open the garage.

OP
OP
SFEVER

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes it is and the Taycan can do up to 8 Homelink devices which is great.

I'm asking if its GPS enabled a feature referenced in the Tacan iPhone app

OP
OP
SFEVER

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I read somewhere the same. Hope it works better than the Tesla version. I drive round the back of my house before I get to the front when I want homelink to open the garage.
I hope it has it also I like that feature. You can reset the GPS location trigger point on the Tesla so you dont need to do that

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes it is and the Taycan can do up to 8 Homelink devices which is great.

I'm asking if its GPS enabled a feature referenced in the Tacan iPhone app
8!! Jeez! What other stuff can you do? I only have a garage door to open!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
8!! Jeez! What other stuff can you do? I only have a garage door to open!
Well you can have a gate at the entrance to your domain, a gate at your driveway to your house and a garage door! Then there could be a gate at the workplace and a garage door at the workplace, so 5 will easily be taken. No need to have a number of different fobs in the car!
:)

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well you can have a gate at the entrance to your domain, a gate at your driveway to your house and a garage door! Then there could be a gate at the workplace and a garage door at the workplace, so 5 will easily be taken. No need to have a number of different fobs in the car!
:)
Just been looking online, lights can be added that are homelink compatible as well! Might get it hooked into the hot tub! Lol. Nothing better than a nice soak after burning Tesla’s on the way home... hehe.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
What is this "Garage" thing of which you speak? ;-)

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
What is this "Garage" thing of which you speak? ;-)
mots called homelink and is a very useful programable remote for most gates and garage doors. So instead of using the regular remote you program the cars system to understand your remote and then you can just press a button on the dash which will open said door or gate. And with Tesla and now hopefully the Taycan this function became automatic with Geo fencing tech built into the car anyway. Very useful and convenient. :)

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
mots called homelink and is a very useful programable remote for most gates and garage doors. So instead of using the regular remote you program the cars system to understand your remote and then you can just press a button on the dash which will open said door or gate. And with Tesla and now hopefully the Taycan this function became automatic with Geo fencing tech built into the car anyway. Very useful and convenient. :)
I’ll have get one of these Garage things, so I can use the Homelink feature. Or maybe I just buy a gate. Probably cheaper.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ll have get one of these Garage things, so I can use the Homelink feature. Or maybe I just buy a gate. Probably cheaper.
Guess you are pulling my leg..... did not see the wink in the original question..... my bad :-(

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I will note that the current digital Homelink function, which exists in 2020 Audis and Porsches, does NOT automatically open the door when you approach it. Even if after you link a GPS location to the door. What it does is it brings down the door opening menu so that you can touch the button and open your door. Without that, you need two touches instead of one to open the garage door; one to bring down the door button menu and the other to actually push the door (i.e., the 1 of 8) that you want opened. It is definitely not magical, but it's just fine.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will note that the current digital Homelink function, which exists in 2020 Audis and Porsches, does NOT automatically open the door when you approach it. Even if after you link a GPS location to the door. What it does is it brings down the door opening menu so that you can touch the button and open your door. Without that, you need two touches instead of one to open the garage door; one to bring down the door button menu and the other to actually push the door (i.e., the 1 of 8) that you want opened. It is definitely not magical, but it's just fine.
that is obviously a simple software upgrade and really very nice when you have gotten used to it with for eg. a Tesla.... that even opens an automatic closing gate on approach from the inside...... Meaning you can set it to close a door or gate when leaving but this function can also to advantage be used to reopen an automatically closing gate as you leave.... :) so in the end the car does everything that you don't want and you just do the "fun" part: drive!
Sponsored