Gentian Blue Metallic - Will it Look Purplish?

Does Gentian Blue Metallic ever look Purplish?

• Total voters

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Tough to maintain. Easily looks dull if not clean.

also a bunch of blue model 3s around detracted us from going gentian blue.
Ended up with volcano grey. Easier to maintain.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61

Stewartt997

First Name
Stewart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST4S
Country flag
Absolutely agree this colour looks sensational in sunny climates when the car is clean. In the UK on a dull cloudy day it doesn't seem to maintain the same look and in my view looks slightly flat - that's a significant proportion of the time here!

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I’ve gone and checked out the cars at my local dealer - probably too many times :CWL: the blue is just lovely, but it definitely has purple flecks and can look very slightly purple in some lighting conditions. IMO that’s a great thing because it gives the colour a lot of depth. I’m still waiting for mine to arrive but I’m 100% happy I chose Gentian

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I took this picture at a PCA event. Not mine but I have a gentian blue on order. I think this is very accurate of what it looks like in the sunlight. Just a really vibrant blue. With hints of maybe indigo.

Porsche Taycan Gentian Blue Metallic - Will it Look Purplish? FD6D393B-517C-48C5-AFCA-E1581B392F40

Nono

First Name
Merck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lamborghini Gallardo, Bentley FlyingSpur, TaycanTS
Country flag
I love my Gentian Blue. If my wife were against it, I would certainly consider divorce 😈

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Gentian Blue Metallic - Will it Look Purplish? IMG_7412 Lar

I can only echo what others have already said, but this gives me an excuse to post a picture. It's a deep blue that I absolutely love. It will have a purplish tint under very rare and specific lighting conditions, but no one will mistake it for a purple car.

Farinas

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Range Rover Velar, 17 Audi A6, 22 Taycan 4s
Country flag
May come close, but it’s blue every time I open the door into the garage……and mine looks the most purple of all the pics posted on this thread. Tell your wife its the color of royalty and call her queen for a few days. Good luck, but my wife and I highly recommend the color.

Porsche Taycan Gentian Blue Metallic - Will it Look Purplish? 1N6A2701-HDR8_16-22-HDRs

Abdul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan 4S...previously Ice Grey RWD
Country flag
It's defo blue. And v deep at that. However, in cloudy weather hint of purple-blue.
Mine is ceramic coated and I love it. Ice Grey was great but this has much more depth I think.

Porsche Taycan Gentian Blue Metallic - Will it Look Purplish? 20220731_103450

Porsche Taycan Gentian Blue Metallic - Will it Look Purplish? IMG-20220731-WA0003

OP
OP

Electron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, Audi
Country flag
Thanks everyone for the feedback. There was a Gentian Blue Panamera at the local dealer for an hour this morning and we got a chance to see it. In direct sunlight, the car is completely blue with no hint of purple. But on the shaded side, from certain angles, there is definitely a purplish/bluish hue.

Porsche Taycan Gentian Blue Metallic - Will it Look Purplish? taycan-gentian-blue-purple

I thought it was, by far, the most interesting paint color on the lot with the depth and changing colors. And I really thought the matte PPF pictures were going to push my wife over the edge to go with the color. But ultimately, she decided she just wasn’t a blue car person, much less an “occasionally purplish” car person. So boring black metallic it is. But ultimately it’s her car and decision. Happy wife, happy life.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and especially pictures. Gentian Blue is definitely at the top of my list for future car colors.
Sponsored

Last edited: