Gentian Blue Metallic - Will it Look Purplish?

Does Gentian Blue Metallic ever look Purplish?

• Total voters

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thanks everyone for the feedback. There was a Gentian Blue Panamera at the local dealer for an hour this morning and we got a chance to see it. In direct sunlight, the car is completely blue with no hint of purple. But on the shaded side, from certain angles, there is definitely a subtle purplish/bluish hue.

I thought it was, by far, the most interesting paint color on the lot with the depth and changing colors. And I really thought the matte PPF pictures were going to push her over the edge to go with the color. But ultimately, she decided she just wasn’t a blue car person, much less an “occasionally purplish” car person. So boring black metallic it is. But ultimately it’s her car and decision. Happy wife, happy life.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and especially pictures. Gentian Blue is definitely at the top of my list for future car colors.
It was always going to be the case!
👍

Hope she's enjoys her black Taycan and to be fair, Taycans look good in all colours.

Side issue - from this point on we can now see who doesn't read threads and just reads the title and posts.
😁
Sponsored