Rayo2703

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am torn between gentian blue and ice grey. I have previously had a similar colour blue car and the wife feels it would remind her of that car whereas ice grey is a far more unique colour. I know that it is personal preference but any comments would be appreciated.
Sponsored

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
The car will look quite different with a dark color vs a light color. Do you have panorama roof? Without panorama I think ICE gray looks nice, with panorama or the CT model I would go with a darker color (eg. Gentian Blue) to soften the contrasting design details.

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
I would disagree. I've always had dark metallics previously but went to ice grey as the black details and panoramic roof makes it look special. I only wish the black trim on the side skirts and chin spoilers was in gloss black. This js my car before pickup if it helps

Porsche Taycan Gentian Blue or Ice Grey 20210316_113315

Porsche Taycan Gentian Blue or Ice Grey 20210316_113346

OP
OP

Rayo2703

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I would disagree. I've always had dark metallics previously but went to ice grey as the black details and panoramic roof makes it look special. I only wish the black trim on the side skirts and chin spoilers was in gloss black. This js my car before pickup if it helps

20210316_113315.jpg

20210316_113346.jpg
Thank you. I think I will go ice grey as it is different.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Tough call. Nothing in it for me except personal preference.

I went Ice Grey, purely because my last two cars have been blue and the wife's car is blue.
And I've never had a Grey car before.

If you had to push me, I would say the Ice Grey looks more sporty (esp with Pano Roof) whilst the Blue looks more classy/refined.

Sure you will be delighted with either option.

Ice Grey does cost more. If there is an option you are on the fence about, it may just swing it GB.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I test drove an ice grey Taycan twice and after 30 minutes or so the front was very obviously splattered with bugs. This puts me off the light colours as it looks a mess although I agree it does look good in light colours. I am going for the blue

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
If I wanted a light colour I would probably save nearly £1000 and go for the Carrera white metallic rather than ice grey. I doubt you will notice the difference unless they are next to each other

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag
If I wanted a light colour I would probably save nearly £1000 and go for the Carrera white metallic rather than ice grey. I doubt you will notice the difference unless they are next to each other
I had a white courtesy car and you're right...however in early morning and later day light, the difference is much more. I would agree with thr other post that says the gentian blue is more refined and classic Porsche colour. As I said I always go for dark metallics but this colour just looked better and defo shows the lines better in my eyes. Personal preference!

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
The Taycan does look best IMO in lighter colors. I think my Neptune is the darkest I would go but had a CWM loaner a while back and it did look great. I think Ice grey is a great color and looks like what I hoped Chalk looked like when I was ordering my 911 Turbo S. In real life chalk is kind of beige with a warm hue and Ice grey is much cooler with a blue hue. Here are some photos (ice on the right) I took last spring (when the dealer actually had a surplus of cars)

Porsche Taycan Gentian Blue or Ice Grey 7D45B22E-B847-4D06-861A-8FC26BA5EABE

Porsche Taycan Gentian Blue or Ice Grey AF8A9C12-C36B-40D5-8345-3599856F16DD

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag

20210316_113315.jpg

20210316_113346.jpg
That looks ?