Gentian Blue or Mamba Green for 2022 Porsche Taycan Turbo S - Opinions?

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
I've just placed an order for a Turbo S Saloon to replace my Gentian Blue 4S.

I'm having the same argument with myself at the moment. I bottled Mamba first time round.
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I chose Mamba immediately because green is my favourite colour. It is the one thing I haven't changed on my spec in the 6 months since I placed my order.
The other colours I liked were cherry red and frozen berry which is odd since I usually dislike red cars.
Not enthusiastic about the other available colours though I could cope with Chalk and coffee beige. :)

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
we had the same debate. I want Mamba, wife said it screams look at me, so she went with Gentian. Like others said... Happy wife...

Our CT4S Gentian arrives next week.

-ThinkMac-

Last edited:

jasperp

First Name
jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
The gentian blue looks very different in reality.
On pictures it looks purely blue. In reality, there is a bit of red in it, causing it to look slightly purple.

Neptune blue is really blue. No matter the kind of light.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
we had the same debate. I want Mamba, wife said it screams look at me, so she went with Gentian. Like others said... Happy wife...

Our CT4S Gentian arrives next week.

-ThinkMac-
Mamba is a bit "sudden", but the only green without paying a fortune extra for pts so it was an immediate choice for me as green has always been my favourite colour and it doesn't get offered often nowadays.

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
since I usually dislike red cars.
didn't you work for Scuderia Ferrari? :p

i initally thought Gentian blue till i saw a dirty one and it really put me off. The Mamba is tempting but i think i've settled on Carmine red (not becuase im a ferrari F1 fan!).

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
didn't you work for Scuderia Ferrari? :p

i initally thought Gentian blue till i saw a dirty one and it really put me off. The Mamba is tempting but i think i've settled on Carmine red (not becuase im a ferrari F1 fan!).
No!
Plus when I wanted a Ferrari I got a non-red one, which was not easy back then!

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
No!
Plus when I wanted a Ferrari I got a non-red one, which was not easy back then!
actually from your picture and previous comments shouldve guessed Williams rather than Ferrari but still in Awe of you for your F1 and car knowledge

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
actually from your picture and previous comments shouldve guessed Williams rather than Ferrari but still in Awe of you for your F1 and car knowledge
I started doing suspension analysis using a computer programme I wrote whilst a student part time for nothing. Eventually I got offered a full time job by Hesketh Racing in 1976 and worked in motor racing until I retired. I had met Frank in 1975 and he hassled me to join his new team in 1978. He became a good friend even after I left but sadly passed away before Christmas.
If you are interested there was a film made based on his wife Ginni's book produced by Minnow films and distributed by Curzon which is different to the normal racing films.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6981046/

spoiler - I am in it!

Sorry to go wildly off topic.

OP
OP

Snl51200

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Be dull or interesting……your choice.
I appreciate everyones input. But yes, I wanted to be "interesting" and went with Mamba Green. Dealer said it looks like a lat eMay delivery. I have my Tesla Plaid up for sale and cannot wait to step into the Taycan!

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I so appreciate this thread. I am approaching lock-in day for a GTS and am busy obsessing daily with the color choices.

Mamba vs. Neptune... I'm leaning toward Mamba. I had an Austin Yellow M4 and loved it - I like bright and standout. Then, the struggle with interior choices.. If Mamba, then black or Grey leather? I was thinking grey to avoid the all-black darkness. Yet, I think green deviated stitching on the Mamba would pop more in black than grey.

If I went with Neptune, which is such a classy color, I think it calls for a lighter interior. Grey seems too dark - so chalk? The beige is nice too. Yet, the blue deviated stitching might be too bright in either?

Of course, my wife wants Frozen blue, which if I agreed to, I would be thinking of chalk with orange deviated stitching. Otherwise, it's just a light blue car. Yes, I love the Gulf Oil racing colors - so that would feel special. Yet, would everyone walk away and think it was strange? I'd love to know what you think of that combo as it did fuel my original exitement.

Anyway, that's my current hell. I appreciate the opportunity to share here as my wife is now --> "Stop obsessing about color choices!"

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I so appreciate this thread. I am approaching lock-in day for a GTS and am busy obsessing daily with the color choices.

Mamba vs. Neptune... I'm leaning toward Mamba. I had an Austin Yellow M4 and loved it - I like bright and standout. Then, the struggle with interior choices.. If Mamba, then black or Grey leather? I was thinking grey to avoid the all-black darkness. Yet, I think green deviated stitching on the Mamba would pop more in black than grey.

If I went with Neptune, which is such a classy color, I think it calls for a lighter interior. Grey seems too dark - so chalk? The beige is nice too. Yet, the blue deviated stitching might be too bright in either?

Of course, my wife wants Frozen blue, which if I agreed to, I would be thinking of chalk with orange deviated stitching. Otherwise, it's just a light blue car. Yes, I love the Gulf Oil racing colors - so that would feel special. Yet, would everyone walk away and think it was strange? I'd love to know what you think of that combo as it did fuel my original exitement.

Anyway, that's my current hell. I appreciate the opportunity to share here as my wife is now --> "Stop obsessing about color choices!"
I’ve a mamba green CT4S on order, full black leather and contrast stitching in mamba. It’s not easy to find pics of that interior so I will post some when mine arrives (build due Feb 25) so del early March, hopefully.

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I’ve a mamba green CT4S on order, full black leather and contrast stitching in mamba. It’s not easy to find pics of that interior so I will post some when mine arrives (build due Feb 25) so del early March, hopefully.
Oooo.. that would be awesome! I really think that will be a hot combo.

I just caught a YouTube from Palm Springs Porsche showing a Taycan with a chalk interior. It seems more light grey than white (like the configurator) which has me thinking it be fun with the Mamba. The Porsche sales guy I'm working with confirmed my lock-in date as 4/15, so I have time. Too much time. It might be easier when I only have a week to go.

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Oooo.. that would be awesome! I really think that will be a hot combo.

I just caught a YouTube from Palm Springs Porsche showing a Taycan with a chalk interior. It seems more light grey than white (like the configurator) which has me thinking it be fun with the Mamba. The Porsche sales guy I'm working with confirmed my lock-in date as 4/15, so I have time. Too much time. It might be easier when I only have a week to go.
I only chose black as I specd the pano roof to keep the light inside. I wanted a bit of the outside colour on the inside and break up the whole black thing. I like a light interior but dislike the discolouration that occurs over time (jeans colour transfer etc).
I think orange contrast sounds very daring but I like the idea! As soon as I can I will post pics. My spec is locked since 7 jan now. I also love Gulf colours ! Paint to sample would be lovely with interior in similar colours !!