Change freeze point reached
9/4/21​
Production finished
9/30/21​
On Vessel
10/5/21​
Still en-route, expected delivery at dealer is
11/5/21​

I waited to order a 2022 model and realized this may take a little longer than a '21

Between placing my order and the Change Freeze Point I probably re-configured every day and I wanted to summarize some of my findings.

Initially I didn't add any "Packages" as they came with more options than I wanted. For example I really didn't want the glass roof. However, I created a spreadsheet to compare the options in the Premium Package that I did want and found that they were actually more expensive than just getting the package. I wanted Power 14-way seats with memory, storage package, surround view, led-matrix design headlights, power folding mirrors, ALK and ACC. It was 300 less to get the glass roof and other things in the packages.

After deciding to get the 3rd screen and InnoDrive, I also found getting the entire Technology Package would be cheaper than selecting individual options, so I added the technology package.

My configuration comes out as follows

Exterior
  • Gentian Blue Metallic
  • "Electric" logo on front doors
  • Porsche Surface Coated Brakes, calipers in white
  • 21" Mission E Design Wheels
  • Exterior Mirrors in Exterior Color
  • Panoramic Roof in Glass
  • Window trim in high gloss black
Interior
  • Olea Club leather interior in Basalt Black/Atacama Beige
  • Interior Accents in Dark Silver (they come in gold with the Atacama Beige and I didn't want that)
  • Pedals and Footrest in Aluminum
  • Bose Surround Sound
  • Sport Chrono Package
  • Rear 2+ 1 Seats
Extra Technology Features
  • Technology Package
    • Passenger Screen
    • Heads Up Display
    • ACC
    • ALK
    • Park Assist
  • Night Vision

I'm also happy that my dealership says the car has shipped complete and there is no stop sale on it. No need to add TPM or other chips at the dealership. They expect that I should be able to pick it up a few days after it arrives at the dealership so extremely excited about that. I'll post pictures.

Things that I spent hours going back and forth on.
  • Brake Caliper color, with a blue car I ended up going with White instead of black
  • Sport side skirts in exterior color, decided I didn't like this when I saw it at the dealership
  • Power power port cover vs. manual, I liked the black accent it added but decided to keep with a white and silver on blue theme for lower part of car
  • Electric logo on side vs. model designation on side door.
  • Window Trim in High Gloss Black, after flipping back and forth in the configurator and seeing one in Blue with the high gloss black trim I decided it popped more for me.
  • Wheels, I always wanted the Mission E wheels but was afraid the 21" size would make for a rough ride and would scratch easily. After test driving a few the ride isn't rough at all in normal driving mode. I got the self parking and 360 camera options to help try and not hit the curb but even with the best intentions i'm sure it will happen. I just dropped my brand new iPhone without a case and scratched the camera.
  • Interior color, after seeing the Atacama Beige in person I couldn't go back.
  • Speakers, I like the silver grills on the Bermeister system and my Mercedes had a bermeister system but I couldn't justify the price of this option and the sound quality of the Bose is fine for me.
  • Rear wheel steering and Torque Vector Control, these were the first to go. Torque Vectoring because I was afraid of understeer but after driving a Taycan Turbo at the Porsche Drive Experience in LA I'm not thinking I need this. This will also be a daily driver, not a race car.
  • Price, I started a "Dream Configuration" and then removed features until I arrived at a price I was comfortable with
  • Night Vision, do I really need it? I felt the ACC camera looks odd by itself and off center, the night vision camera helps balance it out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Peterp100

Peterp100

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Tesla Model S
Country flag
Just a quick update. Track your Dream stopped working once it got to the port and it appeared the car left on the ship when it left port. Just today it showed up as Port Processing and the delivery date to the dealer got pushed back to the 19th. My Sales guy says all the Taycan's are being held up at port. Hopefully will have it next week. Good to know that my car is off the ship now and not on its way to Asia.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The appearance of your car is going to be just beautiful. Love the exterior/interior color/trim choices. You crushed it. ?

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
  • Night Vision, do I really need it? I felt the ACC camera looks odd by itself and off center, the night vision camera helps balance it out.
This cracked me up. ?

Great choices allover - looking forward to seeing some pics!

OP
OP
Peterp100

Peterp100

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Tesla Model S
Country flag
My 4S has been delivered to the dealership. There were 15 cars stuck at the port for processing and it took 10 days to get them all to the dealership. I "Visited" the car on Monday the 15th when it arrived and expect to take delivery on Friday. I took some pictures including of the shipping label on the car that I thought was interesting.

A few notes, it is in some "Shipping" mode and is set for the highest ride height. The doors don't auto present for some reason because of this mode. There is a message on the screen that it is in this mode and the emergency brake is set, the message was so fast I didn't get a chance to take a picture.

Other notes:
  • As far as the exterior, even though the car is dirty, just arrived from being at the port outside for 5 days, it still looks great
  • Obviously the white wrap protection is still on it
  • The side mirrors in the exterior color look amazing, so happy I went with that, decision was thanks to someone here on the forum who recommended it
  • The "Electric" logo on the side is a little larger than I expected but looks great
  • I will have clear corners installed before I take delivery to remove the yellow from the side
  • Glad I went with the B&W Porsche logo on the wheels to keep with the color theme
  • The white calipers look great
Porsche Taycan Gentian Blue Taycan 4S on it's way. Adventures in Ordering IMG_5558
Porsche Taycan Gentian Blue Taycan 4S on it's way. Adventures in Ordering IMG_5559
Porsche Taycan Gentian Blue Taycan 4S on it's way. Adventures in Ordering IMG_5560
Porsche Taycan Gentian Blue Taycan 4S on it's way. Adventures in Ordering IMG_5561
Porsche Taycan Gentian Blue Taycan 4S on it's way. Adventures in Ordering IMG_5562
Porsche Taycan Gentian Blue Taycan 4S on it's way. Adventures in Ordering IMG_5563
Porsche Taycan Gentian Blue Taycan 4S on it's way. Adventures in Ordering IMG_5564
Porsche Taycan Gentian Blue Taycan 4S on it's way. Adventures in Ordering IMG_8888