Beautiful car and thanks for the detailed review. My ceramic coating/clear bra person in San Diego had the same reaction to my Gentian Blue Turbo. He had their professional photographer come out before handing the car back to me to do a shoot. The Gentian Blue, coupled with the lines and proportions of this car are absolutely stunning!one week in I'm loving mine - and it draw attention from all parties - badge delete has some people confused - they know it's a Porsche, sedan, and has 4 doors, but it doesn't look like a Panamera - I believe the wheels the key for this car…family is now down to 2 of 5 gasoline cars - both gas cars are "recreational" in nature (GT3 for the track and a Boxster convertible for the wife). All daily driving duties are handled by EV's and have been for several years - the Taycan replaces a Model 3 Performance - which while an adequate car for it's price point only competes with the Taycan in a few dimensions (but excels with it's charging network)…given the sorry state of EA reliability the Model X (pictured here) will continue to pick up road trip duty for the family long distance hauling.
car is at the clear bra person right now getting a ceramic coating and full front bra - clear bra guy does a _LOT_ of exotics in the Bay Area - and I'm his first Taycan - he simply stared and walked around the car in utter silence when I drove up - been in business 30+ years - he said hard to imagine a better looking car or color - up close inspection of the paint by him with optical magnification he said the pigments and such used in the paint are very high end and he doesn't see that a lot anymore on production vehicle paint jobs - he was simply stunned.
things I would do different if I could have a do over
things I still recommend having done it now
- skip the passenger display - it's nearly useless - and if you use CarPlay _IS_ useless
- deviating stitching on the "slate grey" interior would really pop
- didn't think through the grey seatbelts w/grey interior - again a contrasting color might've been nice
- blue headlights aren't my favorite w/Blue paint - thought I'd love it - I don't hate it but they don't make things better
- rear passenger HVAC controls are probably un-necessary given future low utilization
- Power charge port cover - the feature here isn't that it opens - it's that it closes!! if you charge overnight for daily driving this feature is used EVERY DAY!
- 25ft charge cord -it's a free option - just do it!
- 150 kW 400volt charger support - they are out there!!
- Thermally & Noise insulated glass - it's a must have - makes the car a cone of silence - clear bra guy took it for a short drive was amazed at the quiet
- Massage seat surprisingly useful - way better $1,100 than the passenger display
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|Good evening - Sunset Gentian blue!||Showroom - Pics, Videos, Journals||0|
|Neptune blue!||Showroom - Pics, Videos, Journals||8|
|Finally... Gentian Blue Turbo S is here!||Pricing, Ordering, Production, Delivery||10|
|My Gentian Blue Turbo S delivered||General Taycan Topics||83|
|Frozen Blue and Gentian Blue Taycan 4S (From LA Auto Show Debut)||General Taycan Topics||36|