GENTIAN BLUE Taycan Club

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I did the entire outside including glass and plastic taillight and headlight covers and even the wheels. It makes the whole car hydrophobic.
I'm having the same thing done this week. Had a clearbra put on the front, rockers and rear bumper as well.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
one week in I'm loving mine - and it draw attention from all parties - badge delete has some people confused - they know it's a Porsche, sedan, and has 4 doors, but it doesn't look like a Panamera - I believe the wheels the key for this car…family is now down to 2 of 5 gasoline cars - both gas cars are "recreational" in nature (GT3 for the track and a Boxster convertible for the wife). All daily driving duties are handled by EV's and have been for several years - the Taycan replaces a Model 3 Performance - which while an adequate car for it's price point only competes with the Taycan in a few dimensions (but excels with it's charging network)…given the sorry state of EA reliability the Model X (pictured here) will continue to pick up road trip duty for the family long distance hauling.

car is at the clear bra person right now getting a ceramic coating and full front bra - clear bra guy does a _LOT_ of exotics in the Bay Area - and I'm his first Taycan - he simply stared and walked around the car in utter silence when I drove up - been in business 30+ years - he said hard to imagine a better looking car or color - up close inspection of the paint by him with optical magnification he said the pigments and such used in the paint are very high end and he doesn't see that a lot anymore on production vehicle paint jobs - he was simply stunned.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLNF3TR0

things I would do different if I could have a do over
  1. skip the passenger display - it's nearly useless - and if you use CarPlay _IS_ useless
  2. deviating stitching on the "slate grey" interior would really pop
  3. didn't think through the grey seatbelts w/grey interior - again a contrasting color might've been nice
  4. blue headlights aren't my favorite w/Blue paint - thought I'd love it - I don't hate it but the blue tint does not make things better - love the actual lights and their illumination at night - just not the day time look of the blue tint - again don't hate it - but it doesn't add to the visuals IMHO.
  5. rear passenger HVAC controls are probably un-necessary given future low utilization
things I still recommend having done it now
  1. Power charge port cover - the feature here isn't that it opens - it's that it closes!! if you charge overnight for daily driving this feature is used EVERY DAY!
  2. 25ft charge cord -it's a free option - just do it!
  3. 150 kW 400volt charger support - they are out there!!
  4. Thermally & Noise insulated glass - it's a must have - makes the car a cone of silence - clear bra guy took it for a short drive was amazed at the quiet
  5. Massage seat surprisingly useful - way better $1,100 than the passenger display

Porsche Taycan GENTIAN BLUE Taycan Club IMG_1915

Last edited:

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
It think it looks great. I ordered the Olea Basalt Black / Atacama Beige interior and red seat belts just for the contrast.

I also got the blue lights, but think they look great on your car (so they should look good on mine!), but really I wanted the Dynamic Light System. Have you noticed how that works?

My only regret on my order (kind of, sort of, maybe) is 20 inch tires vs 21. I went with 20 because it helps with range, but the wheel choices were far superior with the 21.

Mine arrives in port on Sept 4, according to the itinerary. Can't come soon enough. This will really help my Shelter-In-Place drives around the bay area.

Perhaps you can provide referral info for your coating (and price). Are you doing full car or only front? I'm still undecided if I want to do it. But that color is so amazing, I want to protect it.

kwrudy123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
one week in I'm loving mine - and it draw attention from all parties - badge delete has some people confused - they know it's a Porsche, sedan, and has 4 doors, but it doesn't look like a Panamera - I believe the wheels the key for this car…family is now down to 2 of 5 gasoline cars - both gas cars are "recreational" in nature (GT3 for the track and a Boxster convertible for the wife). All daily driving duties are handled by EV's and have been for several years - the Taycan replaces a Model 3 Performance - which while an adequate car for it's price point only competes with the Taycan in a few dimensions (but excels with it's charging network)…given the sorry state of EA reliability the Model X (pictured here) will continue to pick up road trip duty for the family long distance hauling.

car is at the clear bra person right now getting a ceramic coating and full front bra - clear bra guy does a _LOT_ of exotics in the Bay Area - and I'm his first Taycan - he simply stared and walked around the car in utter silence when I drove up - been in business 30+ years - he said hard to imagine a better looking car or color - up close inspection of the paint by him with optical magnification he said the pigments and such used in the paint are very high end and he doesn't see that a lot anymore on production vehicle paint jobs - he was simply stunned.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PLNF3TR0

things I would do different if I could have a do over
  1. skip the passenger display - it's nearly useless - and if you use CarPlay _IS_ useless
  2. deviating stitching on the "slate grey" interior would really pop
  3. didn't think through the grey seatbelts w/grey interior - again a contrasting color might've been nice
  4. blue headlights aren't my favorite w/Blue paint - thought I'd love it - I don't hate it but they don't make things better
  5. rear passenger HVAC controls are probably un-necessary given future low utilization
things I still recommend having done it now
  1. Power charge port cover - the feature here isn't that it opens - it's that it closes!! if you charge overnight for daily driving this feature is used EVERY DAY!
  2. 25ft charge cord -it's a free option - just do it!
  3. 150 kW 400volt charger support - they are out there!!
  4. Thermally & Noise insulated glass - it's a must have - makes the car a cone of silence - clear bra guy took it for a short drive was amazed at the quiet
  5. Massage seat surprisingly useful - way better $1,100 than the passenger display

IMG_1915.jpeg
Beautiful car and thanks for the detailed review. My ceramic coating/clear bra person in San Diego had the same reaction to my Gentian Blue Turbo. He had their professional photographer come out before handing the car back to me to do a shoot. The Gentian Blue, coupled with the lines and proportions of this car are absolutely stunning!