First Name
Jarle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mercedes SL, Audi A4 Avant
Country flag
Looks nice!
Silly question. how does the satin PPF feel to touch?
Any special cleaning techniques? or just the same as normal PPF?
Cheers
Not silly at all. It feels quite smooth, less sticky than an equivalent gloss. Once it has been on for 4 weeks, dried out and settled down the seams etc will ceramic coat for extra ease of cleaning although the ppf already has hydrophobic qualities and beads off. Still shows the dirt unfortunately so needs washing just as regularly though. other no different to cleaning normal ppf

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
Not silly at all. It feels quite smooth, less sticky than an equivalent gloss. Once it has been on for 4 weeks, dried out and settled down the seams etc will ceramic coat for extra ease of cleaning although the ppf already has hydrophobic qualities and beads off. Still shows the dirt unfortunately so needs washing just as regularly though. other no different to cleaning normal ppf
What brand is the PPF? Does it still happy "self healing" properties like the Xpel?
More expensive to install compared to regular PPF?
Cheers

ZubyDoo

First Name
Jarle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mercedes SL, Audi A4 Avant
Country flag
What brand is the PPF? Does it still happy "self healing" properties like the Xpel?
More expensive to install compared to regular PPF?
Cheers
Bodyfence matt is the name. 10 year warranty. Yes, same self healing properties. Feels (substantially) thicker than gloss and hence more difficult/ takes longer to apply. Wing mirrors were particularly hard to do and they will be redoing them foc shortly, as not stuck down well enough on the seams. Mine cost £3k - think gloss would have been about 10% cheaper, although material costs the same. Extra cost for time I think

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
I was lucky enough to pick up my first Porsche this past weekend: Gentian Blue Taycan Turbo S. Could not be happier with the color choice, the yellow calipers, and Mission E wheels in Satin Platinum. Happy to be a part of the forum!
Porsche Taycan GENTIAN BLUE Taycan Club Taycan1

Porsche Taycan GENTIAN BLUE Taycan Club Taycan2

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I was lucky enough to pick up my first Porsche this past weekend: Gentian Blue Taycan Turbo S. Could not be happier with the color choice, the yellow calipers, and Mission E wheels in Satin Platinum.
Many congrats and welcome TTS Gentian Blue almost twin! We should meet up and take mirror image pictures of our two cars...I approve your color choice my friend.

What color interior?