Gentian blue vs. Volcano Grey Metallic

Amy84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Going back and forth on this one.... has anyone been in a similar dilemma?

I was all set on the grey as I currently have a blue S5 and wanted something different.... but after watching a million youtube videos (it seems!) and seeing some of the lovely pictures on here, I am leaning toward the blue as it seems to show off the curves of the car a bit better.

Would love a colour that is between the Volcano grey and the Dolomite silver but alas!

Thoughts welcome and encouraged.

P.S. Sorry if I am annoying anyone with topics about choices- I am so indecisive and the number of options is like nothing I've ever seen before! I'm 90% of the way there, promise!

x
Sponsored

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
I've got Gentian and love it. I've always thought Volcano looks a bit dull.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have Volcano gray. I can tell you it is indeed in-between the jet black metallic and dolomite silver - it is not as dark as the configurator makes it appear. It hides road grime well. I also came from a blue car and wanted something different, but if I had to do it again I might go back to blue - the genetian blue is just so awesome looking. That color wasn't available in 2020.

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
I have Volcano gray. I can tell you it is indeed in-between the jet black metallic and dolomite silver - it is not as dark as the configurator makes it appear. It hides road grime well. I also came from a blue car and wanted something different, but if I had to do it again I might go back to blue - the genetian blue is just so awesome looking. That color wasn't available in 2020.
It was available in 2020. Mine is June 2020.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
And I was just commenting in another post that my memory is failing...

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
the blue is stunning in person and never fails to attract complements - I’ve literally had people walk across a parking lot to look and walk around the car when it’s in the sunlight and it’s clean…it looks very very good on this car w/gloss black window trim…

if you’re leaning blue and want a stunning looking car it’s hard to go wrong.

ChrisW

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NSX and A1
Country flag
the blue is stunning in person and never fails to attract complements - I’ve literally had people walk across a parking lot to look and walk around the car when it’s in the sunlight and it’s clean…it looks very very good on this car w/gloss black window trim…

if you’re leaning blue and want a stunning looking car it’s hard to go wrong.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have Volcano Grey and it's a tough call with Gentian.

My biggest gripe with Gentian is that it's almost the exact same blue as Subaru uses and I see a ton of those.

But it's definitely more striking than the Volcano.

Just remember.. whichever you choose you'll want the other after you receive your car. It's the law of car colors.

And for the love of everything get black trim with either of these colors. Chrome trim on blue or grey is.. not great.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
I have been doing variations of grey/silver for 15 years. I wanted a color again and got the blue and really like it!

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I have the gentian blue and it’s a great color. But I do not agree that it shows off the curves or the details. In fact I believe it hides them a little bit. I am guessing a color that is not darker and tonality (assuming it’s silver not a very dark gray) will show up the shape and details like the front vents much better.

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Slightly differing view to others here. I had difficultly deciding between these two too. I have a dark drey metallic car too so wanted something different but I preferred the Volcano grey to the Gentian blue when they were put side by side. I think the blue is attractive but would have liked it more if it was a darker blue. It was a very wet British winter's day when I saw them so probably didn't show the blue colour to its best.

mokre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
I was pretty set on the Gentian blue until I saw the Volcano grey in person. I still prefer the blue, but I also really liked the grey, so wound up going with it. The fact that the dealer had the car I wanted (colour aside) in stock also helped a lot in pushing me in that direction. If they didn't have the car, I would have ordered the blue.

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
I was torn between the two. Looked at loads of photos, really like the volcano grey and not had a grey car before. But decided I prefer the blue.

In good light and clean, I think it’s hard to beat. In our dreary Winters and dirty, it’s average. I find myself wanting to clean it every weekend at the moment, it seems to positively attract the dirt

I agree with Frank on the window trims

Satin_Volcano

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2016 Gt3RS
Country flag
I had the same dilemma, ultimately I did go with Volcano grey as I plan on doing a full stealth wrap, which looks much better on the grey then the blue. Honestly dont think you can go wrong

Once I saw this pic I was sold

Porsche Taycan Gentian blue vs. Volcano Grey Metallic Taycan