First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
Hi Amy
I was going for grey, but just felt it a little flat.
I have had the Gentian Blue for 2 months and although UK roads and lack of sun do little for it, when clean in the sun, it shimmers.
So looking forward to the summer.
J x
Sponsored

Litigator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi Amy
I have had the Gentian Blue for 2 months and although UK roads and lack of sun do little for it, when clean in the sun, it shimmers.
J x
Hi Amy
J x
Blue is spectacular. Awesome when you ditch the ugly US sidemarkers too...

Porsche Taycan Gentian blue vs. Volcano Grey Metallic F29C7E84-90CF-4CDA-970A-7AD941AD51F5

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Grey with the stealth wrap for sure...?

The blue is striking for sure, my question is how will it wear over time. I've always avoided 'striking' colors, interior and exterior because I drive my cars for a lot of miles. Of course, nothing more personal than the color, and whatever you end up liking the best is right.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I dunno. I so love every Genetian Blue one I've seen a picture - especially with the unpainted ring on 21" Mission E - basically what @Litigator posted above. But I did just get rid of a blue Model S (their midnight blue metallic, which is darker) so it was time for a change.

And a HUGE +1 for switching out the side markers. Makes a huge difference on the Volcano Gray as well.

iten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I love the gentian blue, but I only saw it on a 911. I went with volcano grey over gentian blue just to hide all those ugly cheap plastic on my 4S.

Rona

First Name
Rona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan - Cayenne
Country flag
Going back and forth on this one.... has anyone been in a similar dilemma?

I was all set on the grey as I currently have a blue S5 and wanted something different.... but after watching a million youtube videos (it seems!) and seeing some of the lovely pictures on here, I am leaning toward the blue as it seems to show off the curves of the car a bit better.

Would love a colour that is between the Volcano grey and the Dolomite silver but alas!

Thoughts welcome and encouraged.

P.S. Sorry if I am annoying anyone with topics about choices- I am so indecisive and the number of options is like nothing I've ever seen before! I'm 90% of the way there, promise!

Go for blue ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Sounds like you want something like Audi's Daytona Grey. I love that colour! Looking forward to seeing the e-tron gt in that.
For folks in UK, grey in any manufacturer's car is the most popular colour choice according to recent sales stats / analysis.

Volcano grey is great in the sun and when it rains...not that I'm in any way biased ;).

Thankfully Porsche haven't released "mahogany metallic" (brown) for the Taycan...yet. Apparently, this is the most popular Porsche colour in China (hence why they made it).

OP
OP

Amy84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks everyone!! I looked at a few more pictures and stuff yesterday, and whilst my dad wanted the grey, I've convinced him to go with blue. Thanks for all the opinions, thoughts and replies as always. What a lovely community this is x

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks everyone!! I looked at a few more pictures and stuff yesterday, and whilst my dad wanted the grey, I've convinced him to go with blue. Thanks for all the opinions, thoughts and replies as always. What a lovely community this is x
Both are great colors, honestly. There are other colors on the Taycan I'd shy away from if you weren't 100% on but VG & GB are two of the best. Honestly Volcano, Gentian, & Carrera are the 3 clear cut can't go wrong colors IMHO.

Last edited:

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Both are great colors, honestly. There are other colors on the Taycan I'd shy away from but VG & GB are two of the best. Honestly Volcano, Gentian, & Carrera are the 3 clear cut can't go wrong colors IMHO.
Seconding this, you can’t go wrong with either. Its just ”different.”

Also the redshift from the acceleration will be distorting the real color anyway!

:like:

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
Blue!

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Is that with a SportDesign pack in Gloss Black? Really suits on a Gentian Blue car. And those wheels match perfectly too. Just wanted to confirm you appear to have spec'd that perfectly!
Gentian Blue looks *so* nice when it's clean and shiny.

Gotti

First Name
Gotti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Going back and forth on this one.... has anyone been in a similar dilemma?

I was all set on the grey as I currently have a blue S5 and wanted something different.... but after watching a million youtube videos (it seems!) and seeing some of the lovely pictures on here, I am leaning toward the blue as it seems to show off the curves of the car a bit better.

Would love a colour that is between the Volcano grey and the Dolomite silver but alas!

Thoughts welcome and encouraged.

P.S. Sorry if I am annoying anyone with topics about choices- I am so indecisive and the number of options is like nothing I've ever seen before! I'm 90% of the way there, promise!

x
I've got Gentian blue, I'm happy with it and will be more happy once I've given it a wash. The weather is horrible at the moment. I think the Grey looks a bit dullish
Sponsored