DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I made a local charging profile and I found it sometimes worked, sometimes did not.

With some troubleshooting I discovered that the GPS location in the garage sometimes drifts out into the street.

As a workaround I renamed my main profile "Garage" and made a duplicate called "Driveway" where I moved the pin using the app to the point the car was displaying its location.

This seems to fix it, but I have questions.

1. Is there a way to connect the car to my wifi at home, as a client? Sometimes wifi helps geolocation accuracy.
2. Is there a way to just make the radius bigger for the geofence?
Sponsored

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My understanding is that just like my Tesla you just connect to your wifi when in the garage, assuming you have adequate signal strength from your router. Am I wrong? I'll find out this weekend when I finally get my car.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
My understanding is that just like my Tesla you just connect to your wifi when in the garage, assuming you have adequate signal strength from your router. Am I wrong? I'll find out this weekend when I finally get my car.
If that is the case I don't know where to set that. There are some wifi settings that have to do with the in-car hotspot, if you buy that feature.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I made a local charging profile and I found it sometimes worked, sometimes did not.

With some troubleshooting I discovered that the GPS location in the garage sometimes drifts out into the street.

As a workaround I renamed my main profile "Garage" and made a duplicate called "Driveway" where I moved the pin using the app to the point the car was displaying its location.

This seems to fix it, but I have questions.

1. Is there a way to connect the car to my wifi at home, as a client? Sometimes wifi helps geolocation accuracy.
2. Is there a way to just make the radius bigger for the geofence?
There is not a way to connect the car to your WiFi network or any hotspot. There are threads about that on the forum if you do a search. Simms only possible to do in Russia for some unknown reason?
Sponsored