tomjmoen

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C4S
Country flag
I am watching as Porsche is very aggressive with these leases again--thinking about all the vehicles that will come off lease in 36 to 39 months. My plan was to get a Taycan but then I dove the new 992 C4S and fell in love all over again--man what an amazing carI simply love the sound, ride, feel, smiles, drifting, and would miss way too much. in a Taycan. Now, I am thinking a 3 yr old C4S and (please do not hate me) a Tesla. I love my C4S as a daily driver (55k miles after 13 years <5k per year) but would like an electric vehicle. I don't see the Taycan dropping in price nor coming off leases, whereas a million good, lightly used, Tesla on market. Cheap Tesla and great 911, might be the way to go. Thoughts?
Sponsored

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
you will not be disappointed with a tesla any model any version. Rides very nice, smooth and fast. + the semi auto self driving is really nice.

and please dont kill me, but I think alot of people would opt for a tesla roadster 2 over a taycan if was out already. ( or even if they gave a firm delivery date).

good news is porsche is using their financial muscle and bank roll to offer low financing 1.9% on a lot of their machines. Bad news, does to apply to taycan.

BTW, was thinking about adding a model Y to hold over until thing$ get better.

Last edited:

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The auto manufacturers will radically cut back production numbers. They aren’t going to flood the market next year and prices absolutely won’t drop 50%

now for the cars already stranded on dealer lots RIGHT NOW you are likely to be able to get some great deals in a few months. There are still 2019 MY 911s new and unsold. 2018 Panameras.

and the used car market is being dissolved into nothingness. Used car prices will drop 50% for many brands. No, probably not your high end limited editions. I mean normal people used cars.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
you will not be disappointed with a tesla any model any version. Rides very nice, smooth and fast. + the semi auto self driving is really nice.

and please dont kill me, but I think alot of people would opt for a tesla roadster 2 over a taycan if was out already. ( or even if they gave a firm delivery date).

good news is porsche is using their financial muscle and bank roll to offer low financing 1.9% on a lot of their machines. Bad news, does to apply to taycan.

BTW, was thinking about adding a model Y to hold over until thing$ get better.
You talk rubbish!

In saturated EV markets, t is losing ground fast, because quality and service is ridiculous for that price. https://elbilstatistikk.no/

The bland interior is not "reduced" it is cheap and horrible to use! The handling is the worst of ANY car I have ever driven since the powerful electric motor does not fit at all to the undercarriage. Until you have driven a Taycan, you have no clue how bad the t is. And fantasizing about a car which does not exist is silly!

There is NO "financial muscle" at work. Siemens recently placed a multi billion euro bond on the market for -0.25%. That's right, investors paying to borrow money to Siemens. Financing for 1.9% is not cheap, it is expensive!

Please go somewhere else to sell your t...

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
You talk rubbish!

In saturated EV markets, t is losing ground fast, because quality and service is ridiculous for that price. https://elbilstatistikk.no/

The bland interior is not "reduced" it is cheap and horrible to use! The handling is the worst of ANY car I have ever driven since the powerful electric motor does not fit at all to the undercarriage. Until you have driven a Taycan, you have no clue how bad the t is. And fantasizing about a car which does not exist is silly!

There is NO "financial muscle" at work. Siemens recently placed a multi billion euro bond on the market for -0.25%. That's right, investors paying to borrow money to Siemens. Financing for 1.9% is not cheap, it is expensive!

Please go somewhere else to sell your t...
this all coming from someone who lives in asia, (for the record i was born overseas, so its not a racist comment its more of a commment where your reality is alot diffrent then ours at the moment. go away with your endless printing of money. Oh wait, we here in the US are doing the same thing. :)

lets get back on topic,
to recap. porsche will not reduce price of their cars 50%
Telsa makes a real nice car for the price.
for the cost of 1 taycan you can get 3 tesla model 3's, or one model 3 and 1 model S, or if you get a taycan turbo you can get a , S, 3 & Y

yes i understand the the interior is bland and you cannot customize, i have the same issues with the tesla , and that is partly why Im buying a taycan + a few more like it being a dream of mine since being 8 years old. But maybe the reality is, i just have a small dick and I want people to think its bigger then it is.

I have never driven a porsche for more then 5 mins (test drove Cayenne ) and I can count on my hand the number of times i have been in one, when i bought my volt i realized i would never go back to gasoline, I was sad becuaseI would not get a porsche, ( i test drove a Cayenne on the same day i test drove the vol , a while after the volt bought the model 3 and it confirmed I would not go back to gasoline. So when the taycan cme out with a ship date I was so thrilled to know that I could have both the brand of car i wanted and the type of car ( electric) i wanted. I can finally afford this brand, after yearning for it all my life. Now coronovirus comes and puts everything in doubt.TBC

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
this all coming from someone who lives in asia, (for the record i was born overseas, so its not a racist comment its more of a commment where your reality is alot diffrent then ours at the moment. go away with your endless printing of money. Oh wait, we here in the US are doing the same thing. :)
Sometimes you should just hit delete.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
this all coming from someone who lives in asia, ...
I am neither American nor do I live in the US, so I don't have to be "politically correct" speaking about my experience with my MS90D.
Sponsored