dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
I was planning on charging daily simply using the standard 240v NEMA 14-50 outlet in my garage. Any downsides to doing so?
Nothing I can think of. A "full tank" every morning is nice to have. I'd say most folks rarely drive more than 100-150 miles a day, if that.
Sponsored

Insomniaman

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus
Country flag
And I got this charger even before the car was delivered. I don't know why it happened, maybe because of the delivery service I used) By the way, who is interested in this, I used the company's services crosscountrycarshipping.com. It was very often recommended by my friends, they said they were the fastest in the country and the most reliable. Because I have heard a lot of cases just how an uninsured car is transported and during delivery gets some scratches and other things. But cross country car shipping has very serious and qualified drivers, so I trust only them.

Last edited:

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does anyone have a picture of the supply "pigtail" for the 14-50 plug? I want to make sure my electrician installs the 14-50 receptacle in the proper orientation (ground pin at 12 o'clock? Or ground pin at 6 o'clock?). Also, can anyone tell me how long the power supply whip is? I know that these "whips" are interchangeable (there are two 50 amp whips - a 14-50 and a 6-50, and two 30-amp whips).

Really appreciate it if someone who has a 14-50 whip could supply a picture so I can get the proper orientation of the 14-50 plug. Thanks!

Toby Pennycuff

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Does anyone have a picture of the supply "pigtail" for the 14-50 plug? I want to make sure my electrician installs the 14-50 receptacle in the proper orientation (ground pin at 12 o'clock? Or ground pin at 6 o'clock?). Also, can anyone tell me how long the power supply whip is? I know that these "whips" are interchangeable (there are two 50 amp whips - a 14-50 and a 6-50, and two 30-amp whips).

Really appreciate it if someone who has a 14-50 whip could supply a picture so I can get the proper orientation of the 14-50 plug. Thanks!

Toby Pennycuff
This is from post #65 in the Setting Up for Charging in Garage string...

Porsche Taycan Getting Porsche Mobile Charger Connect before car delivery 1592344436070

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
So, to be clear, the Ground pin on the socket would be at the 6 o'clock position?