First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Firstly can I recommend you read the original Giles Coren article on his iPace:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...l?shareToken=690091b41918bc6ef5e43a57a17e9738

Because you may, like me, actually find the article informative, entertaining and funny. His point about when an electric car dies, it dies hard, is something that got my attention (given my GTS is on order).

As to who is Giles Coren, while I've never actually met him, I do read his articles in The Times and he is an extremely talented UK journalist and a long standing restaurant reviewer. His journalistic style is hard to categorise but it is all based on intelligence, insight, wit, self-deprecation, with an every-day knock about sense of humility smattered with an inconceivably long list of psychosomatic challenges. Yes I love the guy!

His restaurant reviews are brilliant, and whenever I am visiting the UK, I pull out my Giles Coren list of places to dine at. Hit after hit after hit. And Giles if you're reading this, which is know is pretty unlikely given your move back to ICE - let's do lunch!
I read it. Sorry Oz, that was not journalism. It was an opinion piece written out of frustration with his lemon. There are some legitimate issues mentioned within but they are overshadowed by his emotional, slanted writing. Sounds like he can pick a good restaurant to eat at though. I'll try to keep that in mind next time I'm over there.
Sponsored