Glacier Blue - Decisions

TheFutre

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
Can’t decide whether to add the GB lights and rear name
I’m going with Chalk exterior and I think it will blend but not sure if it’s really worth the ~$1350
Anyone get the rear name in GB yet and is this something worthwhile?
in the photo, does it look like GB lights?

43E441E1-23B4-4496-8D3B-3A539557B84A.jpeg

T-Fury

Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-Tron and Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Personally, I think the glacier blue daytime running lights would look really nice with chalk. I debated the same thing on my carrara white and worried it would be over the top but it turns out it’s actually quite subtle. From the front they look 100% white. It’s only from the side that you get a hint of blue and that’s mostly in low light conditions. When it’s bright and sunny out it’s almost a bit hard to tell. I’ll include a picture of mine in low light conditions and that’s a blue as they’ll ever appear. I was interested in the blue lettering in the back but it wasn’t avaliable at the time mine was produced. I thought it would be a cool way to highlight the uniqueness of the Taycan in the Porsche lineup.
DE433208-1F12-44B4-8318-ADFB94CABDB9.jpeg

OP
TheFutre

TheFutre

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
Thanks @T-Fury
im leaning heavier in that direction as well so will most likely include

Personally, I think the glacier blue daytime running lights would look really nice with chalk. I debated the same thing on my carrara white and worried it would be over the top but it turns out it’s actually quite subtle. From the front they look 100% white. It’s only from the side that you get a hint of blue and that’s mostly in low light conditions. When it’s bright and sunny out it’s almost a bit hard to tell. I’ll include a picture of mine in low light conditions and that’s a blue as they’ll ever appear. I was interested in the blue lettering in the back but it wasn’t avaliable at the time mine was produced. I thought it would be a cool way to highlight the uniqueness of the Taycan in the Porsche lineup.
DE433208-1F12-44B4-8318-ADFB94CABDB9.jpeg

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model 3 AWD (Wife), 2013 Lexus GS450h (me), 2020 Highlander Hybrid (Family)
Country flag
I for sure like the glacier blue lights in the front. I am debating if I want to get the rear name in blue or black (or standard). I think GB will be okay in the back but wondering if the black would be more clean.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla(s), 911 GT3, Boxster, Bolt, Taycan
Country flag
I’m not happy with glacier blue on the front of my dark blue taycan - given the choice over I would not have done it again - I agree with other colors they can look good - but the option money can be spent on other non-cosmetic things that you’ll see/feel/touch everyday.

at the end of the day this a personal cosmetic decision and has no functional enhancement.

struther

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I for sure like the glacier blue lights in the front. I am debating if I want to get the rear name in blue or black (or standard). I think GB will be okay in the back but wondering if the black would be more clean.
I have the GB headlights on my order (white car). I debated adding the rear in GB as well. It have decided against it. I actually like the look of the clear lettering. Black would be nice as well, but I think I will stick with standard. I think the GB might stand out a little too much. It is a hard decision though. I am also very reluctant to make any changes to my build as I don’t want to jeopardize my already very late delivery.

ecodiver

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo S, Cayenne Coup Hybrid
Country flag
Can’t decide whether to add the GB lights and rear name
I’m going with Chalk exterior and I think it will blend but not sure if it’s really worth the ~$1350
Anyone get the rear name in GB yet and is this something worthwhile?
in the photo, does it look like GB lights?

43E441E1-23B4-4496-8D3B-3A539557B84A.jpeg
Initially I ordered GB on front and back, but I was told that the back GB are not available yet, and would have to wait...so I went without the rear GB. I ordered about 2 weeks ago.

Advertisement

Advertisement