Glove compartment - what goes in the holder? What am I missing?

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I just took delivery of a brand new left over 2020. In the glove compartment I'm noticing there are some clips to hold something - any idea what goes there?

Context is if I'm missing something - I want to purchase it or get the dealer to order it for me. Thanks!
IMG_9311.jpg
I put an old school tire gauge in the holder. It fits perfectly.

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
Why do you need one? Most inflators have one built in and the connect app gives you real time tire pressure in psi

fyi my taycan came with a Porsche pen in the slot

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
I've been trying to download Active Line Keeping and Porsche InnoWrite to test out the self-writing features, but they've been stuck in the activating state for the past three weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions? Having to stay between the ruled lines and manage indentation myself is a real chore!

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
I've been trying to download Active Line Keeping and Porsche InnoWrite to test out the self-writing features, but they've been stuck in the activating state for the past three weeks. Does anyone have any suggestions? Having to stay between the ruled lines and manage indentation myself is a real chore!
Did you try and purchase them through Font on Demand?

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It might randomly & suddenly stop writing, say in the middle of filling out a long form, but if you put the cap back on & wait 15 minutes it might start working again.

…too soon?
but it would still be your favourite pen and you would buy another one

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
Can't remember where or when I got this one, but it fits perfectly.

Porsche Taycan Glove compartment - what goes in the holder? What am I missing? pen

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
I also have a tire pressure, stick gauge that I placed in this holder. I did not know there was a specially designed pen that goes in there??? The fact that they charge you money for this is ridiculous!

I also got the book/card/pen sent to me in the mail (they send that for free but you have to buy a pen for the car????) and was disappointed when it did not fit in the holder. I actually, naively, thought that this was what the package was sent to me for and perhaps they didn't want them to be stolen/fall-out when in shipping and wanted it to make it to the owners............stupid me, I guess this was not the reason at all!

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
I didn't want to comment but .... What the hell is reason for this ridiculous glove box that cannot fit a pair of driving gloves?
Actually, I do stuff my driving gloves in as well as a dial tire pressure gauge that came (at no extra cost!) in the glovebox of the first Porsche I bought new, an '84 Carrera.

I have the manual and other docs in a leather wallet from one of my previous Porsches in the glovebox too. There's just nothing but room in there! ;)

Porsche Taycan Glove compartment - what goes in the holder? What am I missing? gb2

Last edited:

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
When I had this issue, I called Mobility Services & their suggestion was to remove the pen from the glovebox and place it in the driveway under an “open sky” and try the update again.

bosbruce

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Boxster S, 2022 Taycan 4S, 2023 Tesla Plaid S
Country flag
And if Porsche send you out any pen as a gift, it will be too big to fit in those clips.
Darn... I got that pen from Porsche and was going to try to put it in there. So sad... :(
Sponsored