PNWTaycan4S

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
20200729_171909.jpg

Will take better photos soon (and after I wax her) but wow.

Also, avoid Porsche of Tacoma. Wow.
Picked mine up this evening, and already burned 60 miles. Having fun. Better than expected!

Porsche Taycan Glovis Sunrise Taycan Cruise 60827D2A-AD30-4D12-91B0-A9D98F402557
Porsche Taycan Glovis Sunrise Taycan Cruise D656A563-35B6-4121-94CD-3725356D9E26
Porsche Taycan Glovis Sunrise Taycan Cruise 9D0936A0-3116-4C25-9501-19431653CEAB

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Was yours on Glovis Sunrise or Sagittarius Leader?
Sunrise.
Finally arrived Saturday morning to dealer. Being transported to me today and getting it tomorrow. (Dealer in socal, I'm in norcal... We were originally going to do PEC, but don't feel comfortable going all the way down there at the moment)

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just as an update, I'm now 3/3 on EA 350 kWh chargers working perfectly up here. North Bend Premium Outlets, Ellensburg Taco Bell (this one actually gave me 80% in 22 min!), and Olympia Walmart.

Promising start!

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just as an update, I'm now 3/3 on EA 350 kWh chargers working perfectly up here. North Bend Premium Outlets, Ellensburg Taco Bell (this one actually gave me 80% in 22 min!), and Olympia Walmart.

Promising start!
Thanks for update. 22 minutes is great! what level of charge did you max at and did you do anything to prep before going to the charger (e.g. heat up the battery by using the navigate to charger option - or whatever that is?)

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for update. 22 minutes is great! what level of charge did you max at and did you do anything to prep before going to the charger (e.g. heat up the battery by using the navigate to charger option - or whatever that is?)
I did nothing except show up. It started at 250 and knocked out the first 50% super fast. Dropped to 120ish around 75% I believe. Got lots of weird looks from the people eating Taco Bell in their pickup trucks.

OP
OP
PNWTaycan4S

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag

Promising start!
Are you using the CA app? Tips on making it work!?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Are you using the CA app? Tips on making it work!?
I'm using the Porsche "Charging NA" app. Has worked fine each time. 4/4 now, Mt. Vernon Walmart worked fine (although only at 125ish kw) I don't even have the EA app installed.

I plug in, select "Members" on the charger, open the Charging NA app and select the location. Find the corresponding charger (they're numbered) swipe it and wait. Takes about 20 seconds and it starts charging away. If the first one plug doesn't work I try the neighboring one, otherwise the neighboring stall.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had my first charger failure today. Stopped at the Issaquah Target to try out the 150kw EA chargers there. Charging NA app immediately bounced back "Unexpected Error" messages at all three. EA rep blamed the app, offered to start a free charge from her end. She did but the charger failed after 2%. Porsche Connect reps had the helpful advice of "I dunno, maybe try uninstalling and re-installing the app? Probably won't help though." They said someone else reported the same issue yesterday and they were unable to resolve it.

Takeaways.. Porsche Connect is very unstable, which shouldn't be a surprise given it's 2.2 rating on the app store.

EA representatives seem to be very quick & attentive. She had a charge going within 60 seconds of my call, just a bummer that it voided out (might have been the car's fault, unclear).

Porsche Connect reps were not as eager to help and very slow.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
They said someone else reported the same issue yesterday and they were unable to resolve it.
That may have been me!

I had the same issue at two different EA locations in Northern Cal.
Not resolved at the time.
What made it worse was that when I went home I tried plugging my home charger into that port and it didn't work either (it had worked before).
I charged at the other port on the left, then went back and tried again at the port on the right hand side - and then it worked.

I will try an EA charger later today.

I wonder if somehow something in the car itself got messed up and required a reset which I did by charging on the other port.
Sponsored