JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you believe that it is in everyone's interest to replace combustion engines with electric then here's why.

In the US the average EV costs about $66,000. The average gas car powered costs about $42,000.

If you need to get millions of EV's on the road, you need to get the price down in the market segment where most people live and encourage manufacturers to produce for it. A dollar to someone in this segment is worth a lot more than a dollar to someone in the Porsche segment.

Now of course the arriving flood of Chinese EV's won't need the incentive to be price competitive.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Moto_Joe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Sport Tourismo (waiting on allotment)
Country flag
Sorry f10tt. Your job stinks!

I wrote a majority of the environmental portion of the bill.

It did just pass the Senate with Harris as the tb and will pass the House either through a special session this evening or tomorrow.

No, it doesn't.
Elections have consequences.
I hope our citizens are paying attention and that this kind of snafu is remembered on Election Day!

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW XI/Taycan 21 4S
Country flag
It's Sunday, I don't understand how this new bill just passed the Senate given congress is not in session until tomorrow.

Also I just did a quick Google search and could not find breaking news confirmation of this report. 🤔
Believe me it passed

senditback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Personally, I did take advantage of the tax credit as it was there for the taking for this year’s taxes. But was it socially responsible to do so? That’s debatable.
I work 60-80 hours weeks. I pay over 50% of my income to the government. The one time I get a tax break that actually benefits me, I'm sure as shit going to claim it. If that's an extra $7500 that won't go towards another endless war, that's just gravy.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Less incentive to buy a new Taycan in 2023, therefore props up the residual for used Taycans?

Discuss......

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I work 60-80 hours weeks. I pay over 50% of my income to the government. The one time I get a tax break that actually benefits me, I'm sure as shit going to claim it. If that's an extra $7500 that won't go towards another endless war, that's just gravy.
You stop at 80 hours? Slacker. That’s not even half the week. Best start hustling so you can make up that $7500.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
It's Sunday, I don't understand how this new bill just passed the Senate given congress is not in session until tomorrow.

Also I just did a quick Google search and could not find breaking news confirmation of this report. 🤔
They worked the weekend. 22 hour session.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
If the effective date of 1/1/23 stays at final signing into law, then you will need to take delivery (put in service) your Taycan by 12/31/2022 to qualify to get the tax credit of $7,500 for Tax Year 2022.

Deposits, allocations, and even paying for the vehicle by that date will not allow you to obtain the $7,500 tax credit unless you take delivery and put it in service on or before 12/31/2022.

I did a quick scan of the senate document and did not see anything on it, but I believe the 30% tax credit up to $1,000 for the installation of a home charger will remain. Needs to be confirmed.

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag

TieCon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X - PLAID
Country flag
that's inaccurate
https://www.ftc.gov/business-guidance/resources/complying-made-usa-standard
"For a product to be called Made in USA, or claimed to be of domestic origin without qualifications or limits on the claim, the product must be "all or virtually all" made in the U.S."
Technicalities. Virtually. If the parts are sourced from other countries and imported, but then assembled in the USA it can be tagged as made in the USA. There are fine details such as amount and overall distribution of costs. The fact remains though that there are ways to claim that statement and many companies do this.

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Technicalities. Virtually. If the parts are sourced from other countries and imported, but then assembled in the USA it can be tagged as made in the USA. There are fine details such as amount and overall distribution of costs. The fact remains though that there are ways to claim that statement and many companies do this.
no semantics here:
if the parts are sourced from other countries and only assembled in the US, it cannot be tagged "made in USA"

Any examples of exceptions to the above would cement your position.

TieCon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X - PLAID
Country flag
no semantics here:
if the parts are sourced from other countries and only assembled in the US, it cannot be tagged "made in USA"

Any examples of exceptions to the above would cement your position.
I’ll let this discussion get back on track. But being an internet warrior with Google-fu is one thing versus navigating these rules with US clients. ;)
Porsche Taycan Good Bye $7,500 tax credit! 11EE6B5C-B8E8-4494-A018-B66A738A1167

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I did a quick scan of the senate document and did not see anything on it, but I believe the 30% tax credit up to $1,000 for the installation of a home charger will remain. Needs to be confirmed.
Per existing law, the tax credit for EV charging equipment - 26 U.S. Code § 30C - Alternative fuel vehicle refueling property credit- does not apply to property placed in service after December 31, 2021.
Unless that gets modified, the home EV charging equipment tax credit is no more.

Deleted member 6348

You should switch tax accountants.
Sponsored