Good news my CT is on his way to me

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The determination of MY21/MY22 is weird to me. My 4S order was placed 19th June, production was completed on 28th July. It's a MY21, but it seems like there's been a mixture of MY21/MY22 coming out. I'm curious what determines the production year on order. Typically when there's a model year shift, it's factory wide for a particular model. Perplexing.
Sponsored

Taycian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I have literally just found out my VIN, as mine is in the country but not at the dealer yet. It was built in the last week of August and the 10th digit is "M" - MY21

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
This starts to piss me off.
Also in Belgium, I had a reservation already way before the CT was announced.
I ordered it on March 10th, one of the first at my dealer and it is still blocked at the plant.
It is clearly noted that it’s a 2021 model and was partially build but has some missing pieces.
Now if they deliver model year 2022 before ours and we don’t receive the update of the pcm and the battery management, there is a big problem in Porsche and will have problems with old customers.
What’s the point of having a reservation and ordering early?
We don’t have track your dream so I will call or pass via the dealer every single day from now on.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
I ordered 2 CT4S.
The first one was ordered in April, produced in july and now stuck in factory.
The second was ordered first week of September. Both are scheduled out for delivery the same day, October 15th. One is MY21 and the other is MY22.

Reactions: B61

MambaCTUK

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T5, LeonFR, CT4s
Country flag
Production complete Sep 17th also M and a 2021 model
I’m starting to worry now too.. Was the configurator change, surround view standard, special paint options etc and the price increase and options change not the trigger for a MY22?
This is what I was led to believe as my build freeze/lock date was after this change - and the price changes passed on aswell?

Greenmachine - did your build lock using the old configurator or after the new one was introduced?

Not going to be happy if it’s a MY21 as this was specifically asked and I would have passed on the slot (an order was cancelled and mine accelerated)

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I’m starting to worry now too.. Was the configurator change, surround view standard, special paint options etc and the price increase and options change not the trigger for a MY22?
This is what I was led to believe as my build freeze/lock date was after this change - and the price changes passed on aswell?

Greenmachine - did your build lock using the old configurator or after the new one was introduced?

Not going to be happy if it’s a MY21 as this was specifically asked and I would have passed on the slot (an order was cancelled and mine accelerated)
I think there must be some major difference between US and Europe orders and when they got queued up for production. I'm still waiting for production to complete on my 4CT that supposedly started production on July 6th. I only changed my order once before freeze/lock. The dealer wouldn't even let me order the black brushed aluminum door sill guards because my car was a "June production" date and according to him he could only add that as an option for "July production" dates and later. The next two weeks will be agonizing, as my completion date has been pushed back every week since production began. 10/15 is the date to watch. Even with a 10/15 completion and 12/3 delivery mine will still be MY21. There's literally no rhyme or reason this stuff.:facepalm:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I think the model year thing is historic and very much linked to a time where some manufacturers made a re-styled exterior and interior for the same old mechanicals year after year and the new model was blatantly different looking.
Not many, if any, companies still do this.

Here in the UK there never was a routine annual update so having the latest model year has never been a "thing" here it was usually years between major updates and typically the mechanicals would be updated as well as the styling when the new model came out.

How big are the changes between MY21 and MY22?
Are they something significant, other than option price?
Are they mainly software and firmware?

What is missing from a MY21 that one gets on a MY22 (that isn't software)?

Reactions: B61

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
Ordered my car in June with a November build. Mine will 100% be a MY22 car

As prices and spec for MY22 can be ever so slightly different (storage pack standard, reversing cam now integrated into list price therefore higher list than MY21). As soon as the new configuarator went live my OPC sent me a revised MY22 order form that I had to sign and return.
MY22 build is a whopping £30 cheaper than the MY21 build I specced.

I would've presume this would be the same for anyone else in the same position where they had ordered MY21 but would be receiving a MY22.

I'm in the UK. I suppose it would vary depending what country you are in.

Coooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance (sold), Taycan CT4
Country flag
I had some info on differences between M and N cars here: Delivery delayed - What are others seeing | Page 7 | Porsche Taycan Forum - TaycanForum.com but in summary, newer model years are more expensive lower down the range even when compensating for newly standard options, but because the price increase towards the top of the range was more modest, the newly standard options are more likely to cover the increase there.

I'm told mine has entered production this week, with a forecast delivery date of the end of October - deposit placed in mid March and will be an N (22) car.

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
ordered mine in July, allocation for October. It’s estimated completion at the factory is currently November the 5th.

Your contract should tell you if you order is for a my21 or my22? I find these confusions perplexing. You don’t do contracts?

MambaCTUK

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T5, LeonFR, CT4s
Country flag
I will have a look at my contract tonight to see if it’s mentioned. I had a slight increase in price due to my options after the configurator changed.
I did chase for an update today, first chase since mid August. I was told then all the dates were confirmed on the system and a scheduled build date the second week of September.
They came back to me with news of a 4-6 week delay.. ?‍♂ And didn’t confirm if this was a delivery/parts issue. Or if the car had entered production.
Not a great day - but does allow me more time in the garage to paint and turn into a man cave ?

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
It’s what the dealer told me. He was produced last thursday.
The factory produces MY22 cars since July. With your production date there is no question, ignore the others.

OP
OP
Alex74

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
The factory produces MY22 cars since July. With your production date there is no question, ignore the others.
Well he showed me the screen, some were 21 and mine is 22. We’ll see when he’s at the dealer. Have a lot of trust on them.
Sponsored