DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
…when the Good to Know App will be updated! It seems a bit out of date at the moment, with (among other things) references to the Connect app. I found the Good To Know app to be quite hard work; so many elements depend on what options are fitted and which country the car is located in. It ought to be possible to put in the VIN and produce a manual with only the relevant information.
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Looks like Porsche is migrating from the Good to Know App, to the My Porsche App. For MY22 cars the My Porsche app now has the update manual included in the app.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The app works just fine but better on a tablet. Covers CT models and doesn't yet reference ST models but as these are near enough identical to either the saloon then not a lot is missing unless you have something specific?

There is a separate pdf for Connect services if you search for it if stuck with something in particular or can't be resolved from the My Porsche website - not a lot to it really.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Looks like Porsche is migrating from the Good to Know App, to the My Porsche App. For MY22 cars the My Porsche app now has the update manual included in the app.
Not seen that - where in the app do you access that?

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Open the My Porsche app, bring up the car and select details.

Then the manual tab, first time selected it will ask you if you want to download the content.

Porsche Taycan Good to know… IMG_2600

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks.

Ok so I'm on Android and the app doesn't have this extra tab (yet) however the My Porsche Web Site (Mobile) does have the video tutorials as per the Porsche Good To Know (PGTK) App and directs you to the app for the manual.

I'll keep an eye to see if this updates again.

Either way its the same set of data / information that you get access to regardless of how you get there or do you see more in the manual than you see in the PGTK App?

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
It looks like the GTK app, but the content is updated for the MY22 changes to the manual. Not sure about the online content, as the app downloads the content just like the GTK app does, ~230mb of data.

OP
OP

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Either way its the same set of data / information that you get access to regardless of how you get there or do you see more in the manual than you see in the PGTK App?
Mostly the same info as in the good to know app. On the plus side, it shows instructions for a later version of PCM - e.g. five items in the main menu rather than the three shown in Good To Know. However, it still isn‘t tailored to the options in my vehicle And is therefore much longer and less relevant than it could be. Moreover, the manual doesn’t translate well to the phone’s small screen - the page lengths become very long and readability isn‘t great.

OP
OP

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Open the My Porsche app, bring up the car and select details.

Then the manual tab, first time selected it will ask you if you want to download the content.

IMG_2600.png
Thanks for pointing this out

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Mostly the same info as in the good to know app. On the plus side, it shows instructions for a later version of PCM - e.g. five items in the main menu rather than the three shown in Good To Know. However, it still isn‘t tailored to the options in my vehicle And is therefore much longer and less relevant than it could be. Moreover, the manual doesn’t translate well to the phone’s small screen - the page lengths become very long and readability isn‘t great.
Porsche tend not to tailor in my 20 years+ of ownership - format has been the same i.e. cover all options and regions and add caveats. Presume it's cost related but VIN driven would be a good idea.

Not much to learn once you get the basics or familiar with the brand.

Don't forget there is an e-manual available in the PCM.
Sponsored