First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
FWIW....

Standard fitting for 21" includes the Goodyear F1 Eagle Asymmetric 3 which are obvs. Porsche NFO stamped and approved.

My local tyre supplier is claiming the more up-to-date Asymmetric 5 is also NFO. And are same price.

But I was a bit wary because Porsche can play 'warranty hardball' if there is a drivetrain fault and you have fitted incorrect wheels (e.g. non standard offsets) or non-NFO Tyres. Asked Porsche UK, but I am being passed around with nothing definitive yet.

Anyways, just had a chat with Goodyear tech dept in UK who were very helpful. They confirm (verbally), that the Goodyear Asymmetric 5s are officially stamped NFO - and blessed for the Taycan.

cheers FWIW
Sponsored

Mathys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 X3 30e
Country flag
If my Taycan arrives with Goodyear version 3, I might change them right away to the 5’s.
They seem to be a much better tire and I found the older 3’s to be very noisy on the demo Taycan I drove.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
My older Goodyear older 3's are down to 2.5 and the dealer said they will be due to be replaced in the near future. 5700 miles on the car!

Loltheinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Range Rover L405, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I just put a pair of 5's on last week. So far so good after a couple hundred miles - a big grip improvement over the all-season Continentals they replaced. To be determined on how long they last however...

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have over 10K miles on these tires. Good grip but much noisier than the 19" Conti's that I was running before.
Sponsored