Gorgeous Day!! - Nov. 7th - 2nd Bay Area "meet up" - 1st annual pre-thanksgiving Taycan Fest…

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
I'm not recommending charging there as a matter of congestion management - if more than 4 or 6 Taycan's show up we'll overwhelm the charging stalls

I also mentioned that just to make sure people are not relying on this charger to "make the trip"...it might be congested if we all show up at once.

you're welcome to charge, but with that many EV's decending on that location it's not safe to assume you'll have a stall available.
Sorry if I came off the wrong way. I guess what I meant to say was that on top of what you mentioned about capacity, my experience thus far with EA chargers has been unreliable in general (although just 2 locations) . But to my surprise, this Stanford shopping center worked my first time :)
Sponsored

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Hello. Since I live in Mountain View, a stone's throw away from the Stanford Mall, I found myself there yesterday. I was thinking about where this Meet-Up could, you know, actually meet. And I think this might be a suitable place where we can all park near each other, have space to socially distance, and simply hang out. I've attached several pictures and a map.

Porsche Taycan Gorgeous Day!! - Nov. 7th - 2nd Bay Area "meet up" - 1st annual pre-thanksgiving Taycan Fest… StanfordMa

In this map, I've inserted where the Electrify America chargers are...in the parking garage off of Quarry Road. Since we don't want to meet in a parking garage, the area just north of the garage should be available, because it's in the worst place for shoppers (in the corner of the mall). The area highlighted in yellow are shown in the photos below, taken yesterday around 5:00pm.

Porsche Taycan Gorgeous Day!! - Nov. 7th - 2nd Bay Area "meet up" - 1st annual pre-thanksgiving Taycan Fest… 20201016_163248

As you can see, there are many open spaces. This is the 2nd time I've circled this parking lot and found many spaces available that are adjacent to one another. If one or two people can get to the mall earlier enough, we could likely mark off at least 8 or more spots. This photo (above) has Quarry Road directly behind me...and I'm staring at the Bloomindales.

Porsche Taycan Gorgeous Day!! - Nov. 7th - 2nd Bay Area "meet up" - 1st annual pre-thanksgiving Taycan Fest… 20201016_163255

This is me aiming the camera at the Shake Shack and PF Chang restaurants. Shake Shack still gets lines out the door, but it seems like most people park on the other side of it.

Porsche Taycan Gorgeous Day!! - Nov. 7th - 2nd Bay Area "meet up" - 1st annual pre-thanksgiving Taycan Fest… 20201016_163258

These spots are the farthest away from any store or restaurant, so I am guessing they will all be free for us to use. That is Quarry Road, immediately behind the hedges.

Porsche Taycan Gorgeous Day!! - Nov. 7th - 2nd Bay Area "meet up" - 1st annual pre-thanksgiving Taycan Fest… 20201016_163405

This is the corner of Quarry Road and Pear Lane. El Camino Real is behind me a few hundred yards. The EA chargers are in that parking lot behind the Stanford Shopping Center sign.

Porsche Taycan Gorgeous Day!! - Nov. 7th - 2nd Bay Area "meet up" - 1st annual pre-thanksgiving Taycan Fest… 20201016_163840

And here is Farrah, receiving a free Top Off. I always wanted to compare the Gentian Blue of the Taycan to the similarly hued Tesla, and right after I took this picture, a Tesla owner in a blue car pulled up to my left. The Gentian Blue is just stunning relative to the flat blue of the Tesla. Perhaps I'm just biased.

Anyway, I'm not organizing this event, I just want clarity on where we should meet, since Stanford Mall is quite large and has many different parking areas and garages. This location would be close enough to the chargers if anybody would like to use it and just walk back to the Meet Up area while their car is charging.

Hope to see you there!

Last edited:
OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
@BayAreaKen I 100% approve of this suggestion - I’ll update the main post - thank you thank you thank you for the suggestion!

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
main post updated! thank you again!

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
bump - I plan to be there unless it's raining - will love to socially distance with my fellow Taycan owners - pre-order online from Shake Shack - they will be busy!

Last edited:

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
we're going to try and congregate in the parking area outlines in post #17 of this thread!!

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
we're going to try and congregate in the parking area outlines in post #17 of this thread!!
FYI, when I do the pin drop in Maps for the location Ken outlines in the post, the address I get is 174-198 Quarry Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94304.

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
Is there a way to spam this thread to all members with Bay Area locations? :devil:

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
watching the weather closely!!! Winter storm rolling in!
Sponsored