Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Here is what to do:

1) Park the vehicle in a flat surface
2) Before you jack up you have to disable suspension self adjustment (for Air Suspension). The adjustments is reenabled automatically once you start driving, so do not move the car after you disable this
PCM > Settings > Vehicle settings > Additional chassis settings > Deactivate chassis adjustments to use a jack (check the box)

3) Open the frunk and find the wheel lock under the black cover on the driver side tool box
4) Jack the car up
5) Porsche recommends replacing high performance tires instead of patching them. You can decide if you want to pay $400-500 for a new tire or $20 to patch it.
6) Put the new or patched tire back.
7) Torque the wheel nuts to the proper torque. My manual says 118 lb-ft (or 160NM), but verify that is the correct torque for your car.
8) Put the wheel lock back to the tool box and place the black cover back
9) When you start driving you might get a red "Check Tire" warning if the tire was physically taken far away from the car for the repair. The warning will self-clear after you drive the car for a few seconds and the car is able to get a pressure reading from the sensor.

20210310_143943.jpg

20210310_145836.jpg

20210310_144701.jpg
thanks for this outline..very helpful...I'd add that it is a good idea to re-check wheel nut torque in about 2 weeks..it sometimes needs adjustment (and is often manufacturer recommended)

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I guess the assumption with this post is that you have a spare tire available which the majority of folk do not - not at least where they have the flat!

The advice on disabling the air suspension has been shared on the forum previously however most advice on punctures discusses the gel or plug kit solutions but nothing about a spare or how you are repairing the flat here?

I have a thread on a Taycan approved ‘donut’ spare wheel and tire, proper jack that can handle 6000 lb EVs etc etc as opposed to using Cayenne or other unapproved kit (although I’m sure it works regardless).

Might want to check this thread out:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-compact-spare-tire-options.10572/post-154268

Cheers, C.