chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here is what to do:

1) Park the vehicle in a flat surface
2) Before you jack up you have to disable suspension self adjustment (for Air Suspension). The adjustments is reenabled automatically once you start driving, so do not move the car after you disable this
PCM > Settings > Vehicle settings > Additional chassis settings > Deactivate chassis adjustments to use a jack (check the box)

3) Open the frunk and find the wheel lock under the black cover on the driver side tool box
4) Jack the car up
5) Porsche recommends replacing high performance tires instead of patching them. You can decide if you want to pay $400-500 for a new tire or $20 to patch it.
6) Put the new or patched tire back.
7) Torque the wheel nuts to the proper torque. My manual says 118 lb-ft (or 160NM), but verify that is the correct torque for your car.
8) Put the wheel lock back to the tool box and place the black cover back
9) When you start driving you might get a red "Check Tire" warning if the tire was physically taken far away from the car for the repair. The warning will self-clear after you drive the car for a few seconds and the car is able to get a pressure reading from the sensor.

Porsche Taycan Got a flat tire on your Taycan? Here's what to do 20210310_143943

Porsche Taycan Got a flat tire on your Taycan? Here's what to do 20210310_145836

Porsche Taycan Got a flat tire on your Taycan? Here's what to do 20210310_144701

Last edited:
OP
OP
chrisk

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks, great post. I had no idea the suspension had to be disabled
I already knew that because I had a Macan with Air Suspension but it took me a while to find the option buried into the PCM menu.
For the Macan you just pressed the physical button that lowers the suspension for 10 sec and it disables it.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Thanks, great post. I had no idea the suspension had to be disabled
Me neither. One morning, I got to the car and had a flat tire. In the car I got this warning:

Porsche Taycan Got a flat tire on your Taycan? Here's what to do 1615420964268

I just pumped it up a bit, but got it fix later in the day:

Porsche Taycan Got a flat tire on your Taycan? Here's what to do 1615421049235

Afterwards, the warning did not go away, so I went to dealer on the way home to get it fixed.

akcpvzk

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Is it bad that when I read the post title I thought "You don't take it to the dealer?"

OP
OP
chrisk

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is it bad that when I read the post title I thought "You don't take it to the dealer?"
The dealer asked $450 to get the tire replaced and they don't patch tires because Porsche does not allow them...

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I've had two flat tires so far. My Cayenne 18 inflatable spare tire fits on my 4 S ( front or rear ). I got a spare from a Porsche recycler. The Cayenne jack does not fit the Taycan lifting points.
Porsche Taycan Got a flat tire on your Taycan? Here's what to do cayenne spare on Taycan.JPG

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Not an option unfortunately if you have PCCB or PSCB - but good suggestion otherwise!

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
The dealer asked $450 to get the tire replaced and they don't patch tires because Porsche does not allow them...
This. Just had to patch a tire that had a small nail go right through the center of my Boxster S. Discount Tire patched it for free. Or I could have dropped 500 bucks at the Porsche dealer.

I dunno what Porsche would have done with so many Pirelli tires on backorder.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had two flat tires so far. My Cayenne 18 inflatable spare tire fits on my 4 S ( front or rear ). I got a spare from a Porsche recycler. The Cayenne jack does not fit the Taycan lifting points.
cayenne spare on Taycan.JPG
Do you have the model / part numbers for the inflatable spare tire? Thanks.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Do you have the model / part numbers for the inflatable spare tire? Thanks.
The best I have is the photos below. Be aware Cayenne jack does not fit Taycan lifting points ( Cayenne jack head is too wide ).

Porsche Taycan Got a flat tire on your Taycan? Here's what to do Spare tire size data.JPG

Porsche Taycan Got a flat tire on your Taycan? Here's what to do Model name of spare.JPG

Porsche Taycan Got a flat tire on your Taycan? Here's what to do Brand name.JPG

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
Most folks would discover a tire issue while driving. I average about one flat tire/year in a good year. Is the consensus here that Taycans should carry both a spare and a jack at all times? Are there any particular recommendations for jacks -- this car is really heavy. Alternatively, is this something AAA could do if you carried a spare but no jack? If I just call Porsche -- I live about 100 miles from the nearest dealer -- I presume they would send out something like a AAA service. Is that correct?

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Porsche should do a wheel change air suspension setting that jacks the flat wheel for you :)