GOT My taycan today

sulaiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
got my taycan today so happy with the car and I love how it rides, drive, Sound

but I was turned down when I couldn't connect to carplay wireless yes ITS MY21 I thought it was supposed to be wireless

also, I don't know why I can't see the green meter when I hit the brakes... I see the blue when I accelerate

does the taycan have auto-lock when I walk away from the car?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
also, I don't know why I can't see the green meter when I hit the brakes... I see the blue when I accelerate
This did not unlock for me until 1300km. Users have reported different values for this. In the mean time you can use the passive regen. Not as good, but it's something.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
also, I don't know why I can't see the green meter when I hit the brakes
You need to brake one or two times pretty hard from a certain speed. Then the regenbraking should be activated.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Wasn’t it so that for the first 500 km or so, the brakes worked with the friction brakes only, to bed them in. After this the green regeneration meter will show!

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
@Scandinavian No, can't be. I had a 4S for a test drive with 150km on it and regenbraking worked perfectly fine.
Depends on how (much) you use the brakes for them to complete the bleed in proces. So it depends on the way you drive it more than how long.

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag

but I was turned down when I couldn't connect to carplay wireless yes ITS MY21 I thought it was supposed to be wireless

took about 200-300km for it to engage

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Regen braking didn't activate for me until I hit about 400 miles.

I guess they want you to bed the pads in first so if you need to make an emergency stop with a 2 ton car your brakes are good.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My regen was enabled from day one when the car had only 30miles. It is a4S with standard breaks.
Maybe the non-standard breaks need a little more.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
My regen was enabled from day one when the car had only 30miles. It is a4S with standard breaks.
Maybe the non-standard breaks need a little more.
I have a 4S with standard brakes as well and regen only kicked in after about 500 miles. A Porsche rep told me that happens with all Taycans to bed the new brakes since the actual mechanical brakes are rarely used. I have not paid attention to it yet and I do not not whether it is true, but I also heard that the first half a mile or so of a new trip (also after 500 miles) regen is not or less engaged for the same reason.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
First off enjoy the new car! And yes I also did not get a “big green bar” on Regen until I had driven for some time. I can’t remember the mileage but yes one day it kicked in.

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Regen braking didn't activate for me until I hit about 400 miles.

I guess they want you to bed the pads in first so if you need to make an emergency stop with a 2 ton car your brakes are good.
All new brake sets has to be bedded in - most people just don’t relize (they are doing it). You can google how to do it - but the reason is you need to have an even layer of brakepad material on the rotors. This will make the brakes work better and last longer.
Very hard braking out of the box is not the way to do that.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
That is also what I understood from the manual, regen only kicks in when the brakes are "set".

My car has about 300 miles now. When I put the "power" meter in the centre of the dash and turn regen on I see the green, but it is extrememly minimal, I would estimate only a couple of millimeters, about 1/4 inch. Is this what you guys would call regen is active? Or not? How far does the green swing out in your cars?

OP
OP
sulaiman

sulaiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
That is also what I understood from the manual, regen only kicks in when the brakes are "set".

My car has about 300 miles now. When I put the "power" meter in the centre of the dash and turn regen on I see the green, but it is extrememly minimal, I would estimate only a couple of millimeters, about 1/4 inch. Is this what you guys would call regen is active? Or not? How far does the green swing out in your cars?
same here and if I turned the regen off I see no green at all

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Hi,

If you have the "Comfort Access" pack / option then the car will lock when you walk away after exiting the car. In my case, the door mirrors don't retract if the car isn't locked either with the key or if you touch the lock button on one of the door handles (or trunk). Not sure why this is the case but no doubt there is some explanation for it!

A good reference for this is to download the Porsche "Good To Know App" and review the section entitled "Central Locking" where the basics of this and Comfort Access are covered.

Carplay should operate wirelessly assuming you have connected your iPhone in the first place via Bluetooth - you can check this in "Devices". Also check that you have the Apple service activated in the car.

Thx
Sponsored