First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB S560e
Country flag
Dave,

Happened to me too. in California you have to show that you put the plate on and they forgive the fine.....but who wants to ruin the line of the car? There is a license plate holder that attahces to the tow hook under the plastic patch on the front bumper. you can attache the plate holder for the picture for the police and then remove it and replace the plastic....

Buck

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Dave,

Happened to me too. in California you have to show that you put the plate on and they forgive the fine.....but who wants to ruin the line of the car? There is a license plate holder that attahces to the tow hook under the plastic patch on the front bumper. you can attache the plate holder for the picture for the police and then remove it and replace the plastic....

Buck
I got this one. Works fine and looks good.

https://www.rho-plate.com/products/...2020-rho-plate-v2?_pos=1&_sid=c0da068a5&_ss=r

Satin_Volcano

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2016 Gt3RS
Country flag
Ive been pulled over twice and let off both time, both cops wanted to talk about the car

Reactions: B61

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
For not having a front license plate. The cop was very nice - he gave me just a warning, he said it was because he liked my car. ;-) I wonder if Taycan power would work for speeding tickets....?
This unfortunately was NOT for license plate infraction ??

Porsche Taycan Got pulled over today… 77CC0756-13BC-4BED-90A4-6EF804B423DE

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
For not having a front license plate. The cop was very nice - he gave me just a warning, he said it was because he liked my car. ;-) I wonder if Taycan power would work for speeding tickets....?
can confirm 'Taycan power' works on speeding tickets, as I recently got a warning for going 90 mph in a 65 zone. But I won't push my luck ?

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I was pulled over in NJ, a week after getting the car, for not having an inspection sticker (in NJ inspections are purely for emissions). It took a while of trying to explain that I don't have an exhaust to inspect (and I even double checked with the dealership that there isn't an inspection sticker I can have). In the end, he let me go without a ticket, but told me to get an inspection done as soon as possible :CWL:

cfp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo '22 (ordered),MB E350, Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
I was pulled over in NJ, a week after getting the car, for not having an inspection sticker (in NJ inspections are purely for emissions). It took a while of trying to explain that I don't have an exhaust to inspect (and I even double checked with the dealership that there isn't an inspection sticker I can have). In the end, he let me go without a ticket, but told me to get an inspection done as soon as possible :CWL:
OMG. So what happens if the officer is stubborn and issues you a ticket? Probably 30 hours of your time to get it remedied. Might be worth printing out the NJ DMV guidelines and putting them with registration and insurance card!

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
when I picked up my first tesla in NJ the first thing I noted was the lack of the inspection sticker and like you was told that the stickers are no longer for safety inspections but they are for emissions inspections and it's been like this for almost a decade.
you ran into a typical dim witted copper, unfortunately he cannot be held liable for his ineptness.
if he had written you a summons you could have had fun taking him down in the local court but that without being compensated for your troubles would be a waste of time.
maybe a note to his superiors to train the guys up could help.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
OMG. So what happens if the officer is stubborn and issues you a ticket? Probably 30 hours of your time to get it remedied. Might be worth printing out the NJ DMV guidelines and putting them with registration and insurance card!
I ride a road bicycle and belong to a club and the club did just that, we had laminated cards with the pertinent laws made up and we could show them to clueless cops who would harass us on the roads.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I asked the dealership if they can make me a "fake" inspection sticker to put up, but they didn't want to go down that road lol

• Haha

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I live in in Virginia. We require safety inspections in addition to emissions inspections. When I tried to get my first Tesla inspected they had to call the state because there was no way to enter ”0” cylinders or mark the car as electric. In the end they submitted BS data to get the inspection done and give me a sticker. It was fixed the next year (2013?).
Sponsored

• Haha