Got the dreaded delay email/call!!

Rob70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Cayenne S, Taycan GTS due March
Country flag
Had the call I didn't want yesterday, no chance of my GTS ST being delivered in 2022.

Deposit paid on launch and now looking like March/April next year earliest, build slot only at this stage. My Taycan 4s is my daily driver and now concerned at its future value with another years use, with current mileage already at 15000.

Anyone else had a similar call/email?
Sponsored

Last edited:

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
Did they give you a reason and when did you place the order?

Deleted member 6348

MY22 has been sold out for a few months. Spring 23 is consistent with what a lot of people are being told for a build.

The waitlist for these cars is long. Even when a buyer bails, there’s another person in line ready to take a locked build car.

I don’t understand your concern around your Taycan’s value. Enjoy and drive your car. Values are robust and there will still be plenty of demand by Spring 23.

I drove my 992C4S for 2.5 years and put 35k miles on it. At trade in, the difference between my mileage and low mileage example was about $500. Unlike those low mileage garage queens, I actually got to enjoy my car.

I am on track to be at 10k miles here within the first 3 months of Taycan ownership. So, if you’re worried about being the highest mileage Taycan on the market, don’t be. LOL

Cv009900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I agree with the detansinn above,

If your buying a car and worrying about the value you should not be buying luxury electric cars at all as every year the technology changes through either battery changes, longer range, new features etc and you will lose money.

enjoy the vehicle, don’t worry about the price.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Had the call I didn't want yesterday, no chance of my GTS ST being delivered in 2022.

Deposit paid on launch and now looking like March/April next year earliest, build slot only at this stage. My Taycan 4s is my daily driver and now concerned at its future value with another years use, with current mileage already at 15000.

Anyone else had a similar call/email?
Not yet…. That would potentially change things for me.

UK gts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan gts
Country flag
We ordered a little before launch day and have a build slot scheduled for 24th June, not sure how come you've dropped so far down the list by ordering just a few days/weeks later, but when we locked our spec in there were 20+ on the waiting list.

Unless they're just waiting to ring me with bad news :CWL:

4SJB

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT Mini Cooper S Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Country flag
4SCT ordered 12 months ago with £5k deposit. I have heard nothing over the last year and had to stalk my sales guy for 2 weeks to get an update 4 month’s ago.
Not even a call to invite me in to spec the car.
Not too worried as i have a 4S at the moment which I bought in Dec20 and is holding value very well.
I have however just paid a deposit on a Lotus Eletre to get in the queue, as a back up.
If I pull the order and tell them what I really think of their service, they will just smile and give my slot in the queue to someone else!

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
We ordered a little before launch day and have a build slot scheduled for 24th June, not sure how come you've dropped so far down the list by ordering just a few days/weeks later, but when we locked our spec in there were 20+ on the waiting list.

Unless they're just waiting to ring me with bad news :CWL:
One of my friends also ordered a GTS sedan in december. He was promised a feb delivery. Postponed to March, and postponed again. Three weeks ago het got a finish build date 24th of june like you. According to his dealer this date was confirmed and won't change anymore. I hope it is correct.

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
I submitted my PO for a GTS on 12/23, order submitted on 12/29, order created on 4/6, locked/frozen on 3/30, start production 5/6, production completed 5/12, and it's currently on a ship headed for Houston. I should have it before 7/1.

I'm a bit baffled by how they prioritize.
Sponsored