Got the dreaded turtle light on front display.

Claude Balls

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Off for a weekend holiday today (only 100 mile round trip). Battery at 79%, outside temp 13c, drove for a few hundred metres when I experienced a lack of power, massively reduced acceleration and noticed the dreaded yellow turtle icon light flashing on the front display. Parked up and switched off but no change. Drove the car back home in limp home mode and phoned Porsche Assistance who never heard of this fault or this display light but in fairness would come out. Decided to phone the Porsche dealer's service dept who was closed for weekend. Awaiting, a phone call on Monday morning and the probability of another period in dealer's workshop. This followed the problem of the PCM being frozen on numerous occasions and rear camera resolution. Lost most of the day!!
Sponsored

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Oh bo-boy!!
That is massively disappointing. And worrying when I realize that I drove it 900 km away from home, in a very remote area 600 km away from the nearest Porsche dealer…

Keep us updated!

Driving back on Monday.

OP
OP
Claude Balls

Claude Balls

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Oh bo-boy!!
That is massively disappointing. And worrying when I realize that I drove it 900 km away from home, in a very remote area 600 km away from the nearest Porsche dealer…

Keep us updated!

Driving back on Monday.
Porsche Assistance acting through the AA came out on Monday 15 Nov 21 but their diagnostic computer could not communicate with the car. Engineer thought that as the car was a new model their diagnostics equipment and/or software was not compatible. Car was taken on transporter vehicle to dealer on Tuesday morning. Phoned the dealer today (Thursday 18 Nov 21) but they had no information from the workshop and promised to come back by weekend. The implication being that they have yet to look at it. I guess that mechanics with specific EV expertise are a very rare resource. Quite disturbing to think that when your car breaks down that it will take 5 days to do just a diagnostic check. Today I picked up a hire car from Enterprise after 3 days of hassle. So al-in-all a little frustrated at present.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Porsche Assistance acting through the AA came out on Monday 15 Nov 21 but their diagnostic computer could not communicate with the car. Engineer thought that as the car was a new model their diagnostics equipment and/or software was not compatible. Car was taken on transporter vehicle to dealer on Tuesday morning. Phoned the dealer today (Thursday 18 Nov 21) but they had no information from the workshop and promised to come back by weekend. The implication being that they have yet to look at it. I guess that mechanics with specific EV expertise are a very rare resource. Quite disturbing to think that when your car breaks down that it will take 5 days to do just a diagnostic check. Today I picked up a hire car from Enterprise after 3 days of hassle. So al-in-all a little frustrated at present.
Disappointing indeed and the situation will get worse I fear as more cars hit the road as the training etc is lagging behind. Each dealer should have at least 1 Gold Technician today (Porsche speak) and likely an apprentice but this isn't sustainable unless something radical is done about it. Taycan today, Macan next year and so on.

If it's any consolation my son's 3 month old M340i failed him last night and he could not start the car (key not recognised) despite trying all tricks in the book. Took 3 hrs this morning to arrange a recovery and we're assuming into next week for a fix. Too much reliance on "clever" electronics and I'd say there's an argument to revert to analogue for some of these essential functions as we know it is tried and tested and simply works.

OP
OP
Claude Balls

Claude Balls

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Disappointing indeed and the situation will get worse I fear as more cars hit the road as the training etc is lagging behind. Each dealer should have at least 1 Gold Technician today (Porsche speak) and likely an apprentice but this isn't sustainable unless something radical is done about it. Taycan today, Macan next year and so on.

If it's any consolation my son's 3 month old M340i failed him last night and he could not start the car (key not recognised) despite trying all tricks in the book. Took 3 hrs this morning to arrange a recovery and we're assuming into next week for a fix. Too much reliance on "clever" electronics and I'd say there's an argument to revert to analogue for some of these essential functions as we know it is tried and tested and simply works.
I have also a 2004 Nissan Xtrail which is tantamount to a farm vehicle. I use it to take stuff to the tip and go fishing. It costs me £300 per year to service with ocasionally a bit more for brakes and discs etc. Never anything wrong. Unfortunately, EV cars nowadays are just high end computers. The dealers have limited qualified staff and experience. I heard back from Porsche today to say that their diagnostics indicated numerous faults on the vehicle (some where unimportant and some were) and they needed to go back to Porsche UK for an action plan. They advised that they need to strip it down and it'll be next Tuesday before they can start. So I'm expecting a long haul.

OP
OP
Claude Balls

Claude Balls

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
https://video.citnow.com/veJNYsKVPNY

There was me thinking it was another Porsche software issue !!!. Well, not this time, as the problem was closer to home as a little mouse decided he wanted somewhere warm to live over winter and needed a little snack. £950 repair cost + car hire.
Sponsored