First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Damnit...

I was out hooning around on a country road, enjoying myself, when a speeding/bouncing truck going the opposite direction managed to spray me with a shotgun blast of gravel. :(

I took a few shallow nicks to the windshield. I do have PPF on the full front clip, and now every panel is peppered with white marks. Unknown at this point if they are in the film or all the way through to the paint. I am so crushed.

Only had the car 2 months.
Sponsored

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I do have PPF on the full front clip, and now every panel is peppered with white marks. Unknown at this point if they are in the film or all the way through to the paint.
The shop I use told me the white marks are often rock residue that might come off, and some types of PPF can be partially healed with heat. I suggest you talk to your shop. Good luck!

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Yeah, I will be getting it redone and hopefully that resolves most of it. I'm pretty sure there is at least one cut through the film and paint so I've ordered touchup paint too. Sucks.

Gonna need a windshield too as this one is now peppered with tiny nicks that make it seem perpetually dirty.

Really bad luck but I will say I am GLAD I had the PPF on the front clip.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Yeah, I will be getting it redone and hopefully that resolves most of it. I'm pretty sure there is at least one cut through the film and paint so I've ordered touchup paint too. Sucks.

Gonna need a windshield too as this one is now peppered with tiny nicks that make it seem perpetually dirty.

Really bad luck but I will say I am GLAD I had the PPF on the front clip.
Sorry to hear about this, especially so early into your ownership. Curious, do you have the insulated glass option? Wondering if it makes the glass any more resistant to nicks/chips.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Nope, no insulated glass.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
am really sorry for the bad luck! Nothing you can do on that front when they are coming at you from the opposite direction.
That is the only problem with a nice, new car....it won't stay that way forever if you drive it and there are only two seasons where I live....winter and road-construction!

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Oh man. Wrong place, wrong time, so sorry; that sucks. I hope damage to the paint isn't as bad as it appears at first glance.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Windshield protection film - get it when new. I'm glad I did when the car got it's PPF treatment.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I feel your pain! A rock came off a truck yesterday and hit my windshield. It left me with this:

AED5C16C-F432-4ED7-9D08-85375917348A.jpeg
Bad luck indeed - not cool and unfortunately increasing common it seems with the endless construction sites all over the Houston area!

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Bad luck indeed - not cool and unfortunately increasing common it seems with the endless construction sites all over the Houston area!
Ugh sorry buddy. I've had a windshield on order since the original date of this post back in August...I think I am going to cancel the order as my damage is all very tiny nicks, not actual stars or cracks.

At first it bugged me but as the windshield wears down it looks better...it's really not trashed enough to replace for $2400 (parts+labor.)
Sponsored