Great Option for mounting bikes - Sea Sucker

Dolomite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS Taycan 4S
Country flag
Posting this as many have never heard about these kinds of racks. They mount in seconds are are great for high end cars with difficult fitments.

Sea Sucker is the company. They make great options for suction based roof racks that are incredible. We use them on all our cars. Here’s one of our racks on our Panny.
Porsche Taycan Great Option for mounting bikes - Sea Sucker CFEDE81F-06EE-440B-8008-77F338E4238A
Sponsored

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
I have used them for surf boards and skis on a metal roof. Have not tried the bicycle rack, will have to.

@Dolomite How does it work on the pano roof? Any issues?

Thank you.

Rick
Disclaimer: I have No affiliation with the company.
https://www.seasucker.com

OP
OP
Dolomite

Dolomite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS Taycan 4S
Country flag
No issues with the roof at all, secures very well. A little moisture in the suction cups and you couldn't move them to save your life.

That picture is the single mount I use for one of my cross bikes but I also have the 2 bike one as well.

I'll never use another type of rack as there is no adapter kits or bars or anything. Just pump them up (think Reebok ;)) and go.

I am not affiliated with them at all. Just wanted to throw it out there as I know a lot of people don't know about them.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
For folks who may want to leave their car unattended with the bike on top, the seasucker does not have the ability to lock your bike to your car. Thought it worth mentioning as this has always been the reason I don’t use them.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
For folks who may want to leave their car unattended with the bike on top, the seasucker does not have the ability to lock your bike to your car. Thought it worth mentioning as this has always been the reason I don’t use them.
They now sell a locking system. Window or Trunk system available.
https://www.seasucker.com/collections/security
Also they do not suggest using the product on a wrapped vehicle as it may bubble the wrap. For those with a metal roof if wrapped.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Dolomite

Dolomite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS Taycan 4S
Country flag
that was a weakness of you do want to leave unattended.

interesting to hear they have a locking system. I never really left my bikes up there and have them out of sight.

thanks for sharing.

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes E450 Wagon
Country flag
I have a buddy who uses the system and swears by it. The fear of them destabilizing over a long ride would cause me some concern. Do you just pump them every time you fill for gas? How does temperature, hot or cold, affect them?

OP
OP
Dolomite

Dolomite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a buddy who uses the system and swears by it. The fear of them destabilizing over a long ride would cause me some concern. Do you just pump them every time you fill for gas? How does temperature, hot or cold, affect them?

there is a period when you first start using them that you keep looking up to make sure they haven't left your roof but you quickly realize that they mounts aren't going anywhere. You pump each of them up and then you can quickly look at them and can tell if the suction is strong based on the valve as its has an orange gradient on them to show when the suction is decreasing.

I live in canada and its cold (sometimes :) ) never had an issuer with them in any condition.

There is a video of a guy using it in the snow on his Jag in Europe I watched a while ago and it performed as advertisied.

Hope that helps

Ezikiel37

First Name
Ezikiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Eventually I will be getting this for my SUP board. But my concern is the locking. Has anyone purchased the Trunk lock system? Verify that it actually fits. I have contacted Seasucker about this , They claim it will fit, but no evidence.
Sponsored