Great quote re. 911 that is as applicable to Taycan

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
“After you've driven a 911 for a while and are accustomed to feeling like you've merged into some magical man-machine chimera, you'll have reason to drive another car, maybe a rental when traveling by air, or perhaps a vehicle you use for trips with the family. And if you've always enjoyed driving like I have, driving anything but a 911 will be boring and almost depressing.

The only thing worse is when you sell a 911 and replace it with, well… anything but another 911. Not only will the joy of driving become a memory, but you'll begin to remember how frequently other vehicles break down compared to a Porsche. Instead of looking for any excuse to drive, you'll try to find someone else to run to the market or drive the kids to school and the idea of taking a 150 mile round trip to the beach to take pictures of the moon rising from the ocean will strike you as ridiculous.

That's because owning a 911 is like dreaming you've met the perfect woman. A woman who's smart, athletic, and thoughtful, who brings out the best in you and whose beauty and loyalty you appreciate more as time goes by.

And when the day comes that you sell your Porsche and buy another car that's maybe more practical for a larger family, or more economical for insurance purposes, or any other reason, it's like waking from that dream in a cheap Las Vegas motel room with plastic “Just Married” champagne glasses on the nightstand, then rolling over to see Roseanne Barr snoring and drooling on the pillow next to you.”
Sponsored

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
“After you've driven a 911 for a while and are accustomed to feeling like you've merged into some magical man-machine chimera, you'll have reason to drive another car, maybe a rental when traveling by air, or perhaps a vehicle you use for trips with the family. And if you've always enjoyed driving like I have, driving anything but a 911 will be boring and almost depressing.

The only thing worse is when you sell a 911 and replace it with, well… anything but another 911. Not only will the joy of driving become a memory, but you'll begin to remember how frequently other vehicles break down compared to a Porsche. Instead of looking for any excuse to drive, you'll try to find someone else to run to the market or drive the kids to school and the idea of taking a 150 mile round trip to the beach to take pictures of the moon rising from the ocean will strike you as ridiculous.

That's because owning a 911 is like dreaming you've met the perfect woman. A woman who's smart, athletic, and thoughtful, who brings out the best in you and whose beauty and loyalty you appreciate more as time goes by.

And when the day comes that you sell your Porsche and buy another car that's maybe more practical for a larger family, or more economical for insurance purposes, or any other reason, it's like waking from that dream in a cheap Las Vegas motel room with plastic “Just Married” champagne glasses on the nightstand, then rolling over to see Roseanne Barr snoring and drooling on the pillow next to you.”
I think the driving experience of a 911, indeed any Porsche is typically as good, or better, than the competition. I’m not sure the reliability is quite so strong!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
When I was thinking about changing my TVR Griffith (my boss thought I’d kill myself in it) I tried a 911, the 993 generation.
After the TVR it felt nice but slow - it was much heavier and a bit less power and i ended up with a Ferrari 355, which I still have since for a “driver’s car” I don’t want auto, flappy paddles or stability control, all my mates took the piss telling me how I’d miss the reliability of a Porsche but so far, touch wood, i have had zero reliability shortcomings in 25 years.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag

I’m on Porsche #3 with none of them being a 911. My assessment is that they are all more naturally athletic when compared like for like with other brands. That athletic ability, while maintaining great road manners, is what makes a Porsche unique to me.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag

Oh dear. Sounds like Jeremy Clarkson channelling Swiss Tony.

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I love it and couldn’t agree more regarding my Taycan. I’ve had 2 days in a row now where I come out to my car in the doctor parking lot (which has no shortage of Teslas, MBs, Bentley’s, and even an occasional Ferrari) to find other docs walking around checking out my Taycan. I told them and always tell people “It drives as good as it looks.”

Last edited:

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm looking forward to driving my first Porsche and EV... both of which, I've heard separately, are unique and enjoyable driving experiences. Trying to wait as patiently as I can to put the combination together!

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag

I dont believe this is as applicable to the Taycan (I drove my 911S for 12 years), but both cars beat anything else out there in their class. Thanks for the creative writing.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag

Are you ok, mate?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
the woman doesn't have to be that smart
?????
Being smart and well educated is essential in anybody I will spend time with.
There is nothing more unattractive than ignorance or stupidity IME, not the only attribute but essential.
Mind you I have been married to a well educated intelligent woman for over 40 years.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
?????
Being smart and well educated is essential in anybody I will spend time with.
There is nothing more unattractive than ignorance or stupidity IME, not the only attribute but essential.
Mind you I have been married to a well educated intelligent woman for over 40 years.
Absolutely agree. In my online dating days, about 10-15 years ago, I quickly realised intelligence is far more important than looks. I once dated an attractive, early twenties brunette from London, and I thought I could overlook her lack of intellect. I couldn't. It's very hard to find topics to talk about when 90% of them are off the table due to the other person not having a clue about anything other than celebs. The final straw came when I'd arrived by car from the continent and she couldn't get her head around how I'd driven to London from Holland without using the ferry. It turned out she never knew there was a Channel Tunnel between France and England, which I found hard to comprehend.