Greenpeace have stolen some 1500 car keys including Porsches…

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
This week Greenpeace members have entered the premises where thousands of cars where parked before being boarded on a large ship at the port of Emden at the North Sea coast of Germany.
And they stole some 1500 car keys from VW group cars including Porsches so that those cars could not be loaded on the boat.
They then brought the keys to a glacier near the Zugspitze summit (all the way in the south of Germany) and asked Herbert Diess (VW Group CEO) to come get them and to also have a talk about accelerating the transition from fossil fuels to emobility.
He replied he couldn’t make it that quickly without having to take an airplane. But he would be willing to talk at a different point and different location.

And allegedly VW won’t press any charges.

To make a long story short. This might of course delay any overseas deliveries of Taycans.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cd77

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
I wonder if they excluded the keys for the Taycan.
I at least saw some picture with a bucket full of keys, and some were Porsche key fobs. Allegedly they just took keys only from diesel and petrol cars.
but I wonder if they even recognize the Taycan as a full-electric car.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
What is the red dot/button? I've had a few Porsche keys and have never had one with that! Is it a "panic/emergency" button?

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Their misdeeds are obvious. The other bad guys have lawyers, PR departments and politicians to cover their tracks.
trying to justify their criminalities by pointing to other misdeeds? no sale

RickDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
At least they aren’t US capitol terrorist, however is wrong and doesn’t do anything to promote environmental consciousness.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
At least they aren’t US capitol terrorist, however is wrong and doesn’t do anything to promote environmental consciousness.
so I'll put you down as being against peaceful protests
Sponsored

Reactions: Moo