Greetings, Princes and Princesses of New England, Kings and Queens of the Northeast!

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Just saying hello,
from Maine.
Sponsored

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Just saying hello,
from Maine.
@louv did you have any issues getting the wifi hotspot in the Taycan to connect to the Internet? My smartphone can connect to the Taycan wifi network, but the connection to the internet is not complete (the wifi symbol with the ! on my Samsung smartphone). Also it looks like a number of the services are now activated on my Porsche Connect app, but I can't figure out what I need to do with Electrify America. These are normally things that I would have spent time with the sales associate at delivery, but with COVID-19, the delivery process was touchless and very different than usual (sign papers, get a pile of things to read on my own).

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
I played with the Tacan Wifi originally, but then turned it off. I have unlimited data on my phone and it wasn't adding any value, just redirecting data another hop.

ElectrifyAmerica:
To get your 30 minutes free for each session, you MUST to start all sessions from the Porsche app "Charging NA" on iOS.

If that fails, or if a charging station doesn't show up in this app, and you need a backup, then you can start a session from the "Electrify America" (on iOS) app. But if you start a session from the EA app, you'll pay full price and not get the first 30 minutes free.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I played with the Tacan Wifi originally, but then turned it off. I have unlimited data on my phone and it wasn't adding any value, just redirecting data another hop.

ElectrifyAmerica:
To get your 30 minutes free for each session, you MUST to start all sessions from the Porsche app "Charging NA" on iOS.

If that fails, or if a charging station doesn't show up in this app, and you need a backup, then you can start a session from the "Electrify America" (on iOS) app. But if you start a session from the EA app, you'll pay full price and not get the first 30 minutes free.
Thanks about the wifi. It was driving me crazy. I also have unlimited data through Verizon so I will use the smartphone. I didn't know about the Charging NA app. I found it and downloaded it. I will need to take advantage of EA sessions when I drive back to Georgia from Connecticut.
Sponsored